Im going to be a mummy!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Im going to be a mummy!!!

Post by Lauren »

:D :D :D
I thought Id announce it since I just told my mother and sister, brother will know tomorrow, will have to tell dad when he gets back from his pacific cruise. Oh dear! LOL
Found out a few days ago. Already have the morning sickness! Still have to make an appointment for my first ultrasound next week. Soo excited but terrified at the same time. Oh wow its all new to me! Everyone keeps telling me its nothing to worry about. But there is so much to think about!
So next year will be huge for us, moving into a new home and having a baby!
:D :D :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Ha ha, good for you Lauren. :D
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Congratulations Lauren!
How exciting.

It is wonderful. Just keep some crackers on hand and when you feel icky eat a couple and it will make you feel better... :)
Get a prenatal vitamin, too.

I am actually pregnant, too. My 3rd though. Due Jan 14th.

When are you due?
Allie
Bella

Post by Bella »

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations lauren i HATED being pregnant lol but it is worth it :lol:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Thomisco7

Post by Thomisco7 »

Congrats! :D Hope It Go Well For You AT Ultrasound :D
<3 Sam Already :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

WOW!!!!!!!!!
congrats lauren!!!!!!!!
so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congratulations!!!!

Hope the morning sickness doesn't hang around too long and all goes smoothly for you.

Congrats to daddy to :)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Thanx everyone! Im sure some of you have been through this before. Its all a little overwhelming but exciting at the same time!
Oh Im just not liking sleeping, I cant get comfortable at all lol. I feel so lethargic and nausious but weirdly enough it doesnt bother me as much as trying to sleep, then waking up with backpain!

Calamaribaby: Wowie CONGRADS! Your 3rd! Does it get easier 3rd time round? :)
Yep I got 'Elevit' vitamins. Eating much healthier too, lots of fish, oats and bran, grain breads, fruit and vegie.. Ive never felt more healthy in my life! Ive also quit smoking. So yay!

I still havnt made my appointment for the 1st ultrasound, but hoping to get one next week, at a time my partner can take off work.
Im guessing no more than 8 weeks. But still unsure of dates. I could be anywhere up to 14 weeks! my belly has grown already! lol.

Oh and my lil Lola is still working her nest, she might be a first time mummy too! hehe.
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Lauren wrote::D Thanx everyone! Im sure some of you have been through this before. Its all a little overwhelming but exciting at the same time!
Oh Im just not liking sleeping, I cant get comfortable at all lol. I feel so lethargic and nausious but weirdly enough it doesnt bother me as much as trying to sleep, then waking up with backpain!

Calamaribaby: Wowie CONGRADS! Your 3rd! Does it get easier 3rd time round? :)
Yep I got 'Elevit' vitamins. Eating much healthier too, lots of fish, oats and bran, grain breads, fruit and vegie.. Ive never felt more healthy in my life! Ive also quit smoking. So yay!

I still havnt made my appointment for the 1st ultrasound, but hoping to get one next week, at a time my partner can take off work.
Im guessing no more than 8 weeks. But still unsure of dates. I could be anywhere up to 14 weeks! my belly has grown already! lol.

Oh and my lil Lola is still working her nest, she might be a first time mummy too! hehe.
The pregnancy is easy the third time. It is just the other two kids who are difficult. :) :lol:

Sounds like you are eating good.
pregnancy is an exiting time. I just netflixed a cool video
"From Conception to Birth", Discover Cannel Movie. and even though I have been through it a couple times I still love seeeing this stuff.

Congrats again....enjoy the ride. I am still at the point were I am just realy tired and no amount of sleep will help. 2nd trimester I should wake up.
Allie
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

THAT'S WONDERFUL! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see some ultrasound pictures!!
julie

Post by julie »

Congratulations. Try not to worry about things, they always seem to work themselves out.
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

:D Congratulations to you both :D
i had great pregnancies apart from high blood pressure which wasn't too serious thankfully, take advantage of sleep, sleep and more sleep :wink:
rest up before and take it easy :D
MJAY
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Congrats chicky! That is wonderful news!!!!!!
-Chamon-

_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

Congratulations !!!! :) that's wonderful news! Take care and be healthy :)
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/

wrynsmom

Post by wrynsmom »

L,
Be careful eating too much fish . . . mercury levels and all. Otherwise . . . CONGRATS!!

Carolyn
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

OMG ! Congratulations darlin ! .. fantastic news. You have so much ahead of you, just remember to stop and savour the moments, life can have you barreling head on and suddenly they are all grown up and moved out .. :cry:

Savour every second, good and bad, its all part of the journey... and what a wonderful Journey you are on.

My few bits of advice:-

You are new at this, as is your partner and the babe, you are going to learn as you go no matter what you do, its the way its meant to be.

Do what you need to to get by .. after all you never see adults walking around with dummies in their mouths or wearing nappies, if it takes longer than need be it doesn't matter, everyone grows up in their own way and time.

Stop and Listen to yourself, advice from others is great, but Motherhood is a natural inbuilt thing, once you have chewed over others help and advice, turn back to your own intuition its usually the right thing and besides nobody knows your baby as well as you do.

So happy for you :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

leo

Post by leo »

hi...congrats....!!!!!
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

hi lovlies! and thankyou for all your great advice and well wishes. Right now I really need to take on board some advice as the last few weeks have been a rollorcoaster of emotions. So thankyou for chilling me out a lil. 8) especially Angie.

Currently Im 8.5 weeks and due FEB 22. :D Soo Im now counting down the days till Ive successfully made it through week 12. I just want to know bub is healthy!

Wrynsmom: Oh yep forgot to mention Im very careful with fish, I read there is certain types to stay away from. Lucky I read up on that as soon as I found out as I was a big tuna eater. Eek. Im just not really a big red meat eater. So its fish and chicken for me. :wink:
bec

Post by bec »

hey lauren hows things going?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:wink: After a lil hickup and trip to the ER.. we're looking healthy and strong. 13 weeks on monday. Finally seems the nausea has subsided and Ive got more energy. I'm now hanging to see my next ultrasound at 18 weeks! Seems like weeks feel like years lately! Sooo long to go!
The only worry I have is, Im 13 weeks and still dont have proper antenatal care! Everyones booked out. I saw a GP (not accredited for obs) so I need a proper doctor quick. Have a appointment at the hospital next week. But I need a obstetrician! Ill do some more ringing around today. Mum was shocked to know the GP didnt find one for me, the GP just said ring around and book an app yourself! Being my first time. I'm so damn confused, the doctor should have got me an appointment by now! So thats my only trouble right now and Im not very happy with the way its all being handled right now. But Im told it all works out in the end. :?
bec

Post by bec »

good to hear things are going well for you
im so jealous your getting over your morning sickness
i still had it during labour (& im not the worst one with that in my family!!!)
i wouldnt stress about not finding a obsteatricion too much most doctors have enough knowledge to keep up
you will find one