hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!! im a grandma!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

bec

hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!! im a grandma!!!!!!!!!

Post by bec »

wello its happened !!!!
kieron & orchid hatched their triplets on monday!!!!!!!!!!
all three bubs doing well and getting very chatty
kieron is absolutly wonderful as a dad feeding both mum & bubs
but the funny thing about it was the morning they hatched

the normal routine in the morning is put on the kettle riku callsas im doing that i let riku out the if kieron is out of food or water he calls
but on monday as soon as my alarm went of kieron started calling me in a way id never heard before this worried me so i went strait in to him he was standing on the rope perch with his neck stretched right up & his chest puffed out yelling (in what i now know is his proud & happy voice )so i checked the box & sure enuff there they were
the are just sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

i smiled and said to him wow kieron your a daddy!!!!!!
he bounced up & down a couple of time the yelled
APPLE!!!!!!
i figured this is what proud daddys want for breakfast in my house
so he got some

im hanging out to see what color they are

sadly i have lost 2 of the bubs
the first one early yesterday morning from the look of things
kieron and orchid had stopped feeding them i have been given some brilliant help with hand rearing from the lovley lady at my pet shop
(& if your reading this thanks kay!!!!)
the albino had alot of problems with her wings & it appeared the other
2 had been sitting on her and squashing her into strange positions she took well to hand feeding but passed away in her sleep yesterday afternoon
so we are left with one: skeet who is taking to hand rearing formula like ......... well an irn to food (big shock there hey)
he is devloping quite a personalityand has really enjoyed having dinner at grandpas (my dads) tonight i can see hes going to be very much a people person as the only other company he has is a rolled up bed sock :lol: well he was fussing every time i put him in the platic tank im using as a crib for him but settled if my hand was there to snuggle in to so at 1 am i had the thought that he was missing his siblings so i looked for something to cuddle into that was warm & fuzzy i thought of a soft toy first but didnt have any that would fit in his tank so i rummaged round & found a bed sock that had lost its pair (dam sock monster!!!! :evil: ) o rolled it into a ball & tried it out
well skeet took one look at it and snuggled staight in he was asleep in seconds happy with his purple sock i will try to get some pics of this up soon it so cute
Last edited by bec on Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

awww how wonderful!! Post pictures and keep us posted!!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Wow...cool....congrats granny :lol: :wink:

Great to know what colours you have aswell :)

8)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D APPLE! LOL... thats hilarious... CONGRADS BIRDY NANNA!! They sound like a happy lil family there. You gotta show us pics of the new bubs!
Oh gosh, Im getting too excited lately, hopefully we'll be expecting our first 'Grandchicklets' soon too. Fingers crossed everything goes well with ours! It happens soo fast! Im still getting over the fact Lola is FEMALE. :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Bella

Post by Bella »

Congrats :D i bet your so proud :D i agree you must get pictures 8)
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

thanks guys i am hoping to get to dads this weekend with my pics to upload them im so excited by it all & kieron is being so cute with his parental pride :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

pics are posted!!!!!!!!!!!!
the bubs are opening their eyes now and have started to show feathers but its very hardd to tell if they are blue or grey
rituparno

Re: hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!! im a grandma!!!!!!!!!

Post by rituparno »

THAT IS JUST GREATTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I just wonder when this moment will be witnesed by me and my parrots :cry: :cry:

ANYWAY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :D :D :D
bec

Post by bec »

thanks rituparno
im now looking for a mate for skeet (the bub that survived out of this clutch)
hes turning 2 next month
rituparno

Post by rituparno »

Well GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: