New update on me

Moderator: Mods

Oliver and Justin

New update on me

Post by Oliver and Justin »

As alot of you may know my dad has brain cancer.

Dad is not so good. His tumor has grown considerbly well. He took a month off of chemo so he could have some of the summer nice. Chemo that he is on is the last thing they can do besides the sicky kind. And he wont go through that.

So they think he has 2-6 years. So its really really sad. You know, im not real close to you all but i feel like your someone i can talk to. Its kinda hard cause i feel like i dont have a dad already. This cancer has turned him into someone he is not. I mean He is somone different than he was. I miss the old him. He will never "come back" or whatever. So i hope that he doesnt suffer. Cuase i wish death itself would just hurry up and come instead of seeing someone suffer.
-Justin
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

sorry to hear that,

maybe you can look back at photos with him and try adn talk with him bout the photos. Make the most time you can while he is still here, he might be changing but there is nothing you can do but be there beside him. i cant relate as havent had anyone close to me die or anything, but my best friends mum died of cancer and we just stuck by her and did what we could without making her feel bad or uncomforable.

hold on to the great times you have/had.

Best wishes
Sharlene and Amazon
bec

Post by bec »

oh justin
im so sorry your going through this
it is avery hard thing to watch somebody you love change and suffer through illness but make the most of him while you can
i help my dad look after my mother for 7 years after a stroke till she passed away from a heart attack 2 years ago we are here fore you
"hugs"
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sorry to hear about your dads illness. :(

I really don't know what to say to you as nothing seems enough.
But, I am sure everyone here will agree, we are all here for you if ever you want to vent you sadness, anger, etc, all the emotions
that one goes through when trying to deal with something so emotional.

So besides wishing you & all your family all the best, I hope you can have as much quality time with your dad as possible. Treasure every moment you can Justin.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh Justin, I am so sorry to hear that mate.

I really can't give you any advice, I am fortunate to never have lost a close family member. My heart goes out to you and your family. All I could offer is be sure to make the most of the time you have left with your Dad.

x
-Chamon-

celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

God, Justin, that really sucks. I lost my mother in law to lung cancer almost two years ago and my grandmother in law to breast cancer a month ago and I was with both of them until the end.
All I can say is even though the brain cancer has changed who your father is, enjoy the time you have with him. And when he gets sicker, just spend time with him, even if it's just sitting with him while he sleeps. And right now you might think this is something you won't be able to deal with, but you will get through it as horrible as it is.
And if you need to talk, we are all here for you even if we are only on line friends. And feel free to email me if you ever need to vent or deal with feelings that you have.
Hugs, Colleen
nil

Post by nil »

i am so sorry for your daddy, oliver
i know how you feel
i have lost my father, my mother, my 10yrs dog from canser and my first 20 yrs parrot in only 2 years period...
manytimes life is so cruel
but lets think possitive, your dad is alive now and i hope for many many years more
the tomorrow is always unknown to us