well its big news to me!!!!

Moderator: Mods

bec

well its big news to me!!!!

Post by bec »

kieron ate a slice of apple from my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bella

Post by Bella »

Congrats :D soon he will be stealing it from your mouth as you try to eat it like billy does lol
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Yay a breakthough well done.

Yes i agree with the stealing from the mouth thing, Amazon still tries to do it:)
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

YAY! always so exciting when they take those lil steps to trusting you more. :wink: Well done.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Woot! Woot! Woot! That's so great! What progress! 8)

Best Wishes,

Imran
bec

Post by bec »

thanks to all for comments & encouragement hes now taking food from me without the safty of the bars between us
but im really begining to wonder with him if he was hurt by someone he will almost stand nose to beak with me if my hands are hidden (in pockets or my sleeves hanging over them ) but the minute he sees them he freaks altho one time my daughter manage to grab a photo of my hand right near him he is getting better very slowly i think the main thing thats calming him about hands is that riku has started stepping up and i never force her to stay so he is able to see that im not going to do anything "bad " to him
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i think the same about Spit you know. we can put our face close to him on the other side of the bars of his cage, and occasionally kiss him on the beak, but only if our hands are behind our backs. if he see's our hands he runs (climbs) as fast as he can to the back of the cage.

he used to run away from his perch when we were trying to teach him to step up (and he still does it sometimes now) and hed act and look like we were going to hit him with it, which we never EVER would, of course. kind of like a cowering dog thats been physically abused and doesnt quite know who to trust or not. i hate the look thats in his eye :( :(

i was thinking too that maybe the only way Spit will ever know to trust our hands is if we could get a handreared tame bird that isnt afraid of them and it showed him he can trust us. :(
Bella

Post by Bella »

Billy was the same too he HATED hands i think that the previous owner may have been abit grabby and made him this scared of hands but now he is far better he doesnt freak out anymore he will let me put my hands very close and sometimes touch him
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Well done .. I remember how excited I would get every step Kai would make. Very happy for you.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless