Its time for change!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Its time for change!

Post by Lauren »

Well, I'm off to a trial for a job. Yay! :D Fingers crossed and I might start work Monday if they like me. It will be a big change for the fids, I just hope they will be ok without their mummy! :( I'm going to buy them a tone of new toys to keep them occupied, and because I just feel so guilty. But, its what mummy has to do to get more toys for the birdies. hehe. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Donna

Post by Donna »

Good Luck Lauren!!

The guilt of leaving them alone is tough :(

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
skibum

Post by skibum »

absolutely, never stop worrying when I am at work - ha! that's probably not helping you feel any better :roll:
Lene

Post by Lene »

Good stuff, Lauren... Yes, your birds will be fine... I'm working full time - shiftwork, so no routine in my house. Although doing shiftwork, I have more time for the birds than working 9-5... I think routine is great for the birds, so don't worry either way.

You already buy from PRC... Get some foraging toys... They'll keep your birds busy forever.

I just bought Cory the large Stainless steel treatholder full of goodies. He loves it.

Paulie got the Paddle Pop and Duke the Chewable Charmer. Paulie loves the Paddle Pop... Duke is still eying off the Chewable Charmer... lol
Cheers

Lene
Briony

Post by Briony »

Hey hope the job goes well, i just bought a tonne of toys off a mob called sticky beaks on ebay they have some great stuff and all bird friendly :)
nil

Post by nil »

good luck lauren
maybe it will be a little difficult for your babies, at first, but i think alls will be going good at final.
and furthermore they have company themselves
a lot of toys and maybe a radio for keeping them busy will be fine.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Good Luck Lauren, the boys will be fine, they can make their ebil plans of world domination in peace while you work to buy them things... will be good for all!!
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Good luck sweetie .. I know exactly how you are feeling .. but believe me you and they will find a routine. Jordy adores his mumma more than ever. So excited to be with me after work, even while I am cleaning or sitting on puter. Just take it slowly and don't expect too much at first, take it each day :wink:

Let us know more.. what is the job .. etc.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

good luck lauren.

I got to school and it seems to be a rountine for oliver. But when im off he kinda gets confused like "Wats going on I thought you were supposed to be in that school place" hehe But They will surely get used to it.

Especiallly if there are toys involved! :D :D
-Justin
julie

Post by julie »

Good luck. I have filmed my lot when we are not here and I'm pretty sure its a case of when the cats away the mice will play. I hope its the same with Jibby and Yoda.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thankyou so much for all your support. I've got my hopes up as I do often. lol. Its a retail job in a small business franchise that sell beautiful kitchen/dining homewares. Not the career that I want, but its a good start and I like the small business environment. We are moving in March and I need all the work I can right now if we are going to be able to afford to move. I really enjoyed the trial, I love decorating and they had me re arranging shelves for a few hours. I really like the girls that work there. So friendly and I think I would fit in well there. :wink: I'm just so excited, I really hope they like me. I did the best I could. I find out Monday whether or not I got the job.

It seems that when the monsters spend some time in their cages, they are better behaved, more cuddly and more playful with each other when they get to come out. Maybe the change will be good for them. They seem to think they own the house right now being out of the cage all day. They might still have 2 days a week to spend all day with mummy.

Lene - I love PRC, I havnt bought any toys from them yet, but will be, I bought food from them and they were really quick with the delivery. Its also so hard to find a parrot rescue in Aus. I will be buying a few of their toys. lol. I think Yoda would love the shredders since he loves destroying everything. I love the rainstick and the musical ones!

Briony - I know Sticky Beaks on ebay. I'm always checking out what they have. Oh ebay is so addictive!

Chamon - LOL I'm sure they have a plan for world domination. Doesnt every IRN haha. Especially Yoda! The little monster always got a plan!

When I go out and come home I can hear them talking to one another from downstairs (live on 3rd story) so I know they get up to things while I'm out. lol.

Thanx again for the support! Love you all! I will get back to you on Monday to tell you how I went! :D
Donna

Post by Donna »

Lauren Just don't talk about Yoda and Jibby until you know you got the job.

You don't want them to think your weird or anything :D

Donna :wink:
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: It's hard to not to mention them in every conversation, but there is a time and place to talk about IRN 'eccenstricity'. :lol: Wouldn't want them to think I'm a eccentric bird woman who talks to birds all day because thats what friends and family think. haha. :roll:
skibum

Post by skibum »

:lol: I know what that's like myself!!
For a year or more I took Max everywhere with in the car visiting clients (I travel around 1,000km every week).
Was a bit of a standing joke - still is!
I've even taken him when I've stayed away at motels... :lol:
Melika

Post by Melika »

I hope you get the job, sounds like you'll enjoy it there. ^_^

Really, that's what's important about a job. Working at the shelter was great, while I could afford to, lol. xD

Hane is like that too, if he's been grumpy and I don't take him out for a day (just spend time in my room with him in his cage) he'll come out sweet as pie the next day. ^_~
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Good news!!! Got the JOB!!! I did want the full time position, but got part time. But its all working to me, so I'm happy either way! Start tomorrow 9am to 5.30pm Ooo! Woah birdies going to be in their cages ALL day. :( But they will get a few hours in the morning and before bed out of the cage and its part time so its not everyday. :wink: Oh I feel so confident now. hehe. :D
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Aw Congrats Lauren, they boys will adjust just fine and will actually enjoy you more with the time they do have with you!!

Let us know how it goes!
-Chamon-

Oliver and Justin

WOO!!!

yea they should do fine like datsun said.

Mine does great when im at school

and thats everyday 8:15 to 3:15 :roll:
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

except for saturday and sunday
-Justin
julie

Post by julie »

Congratulations 8)
rowemob

Post by rowemob »

Congratulations on the job, :D
As everyone else has said they will get on fine while your away. My 2 destroy everything they can while I'm away each day!
rowemob
skibum

Post by skibum »

BTW Lauren - only spoke about me & mine - congrats on job.
You end up going a bit bananas at home all day - there's only so many times you can get your mum round to vacuum and hang out the washing.... :lol:
but that's enough about me!!!
I still worried about Max when I was out all day but if I came home early or outside of the schedule he wasn't in the least bit interested. It was like "what are you doing here? Sod off and let me run round doing my own thing all day!"
...never worked with me tho :D
Pretty sure it ends up making them bond even more..
nil

Post by nil »

congratulations for your new job

when i return home from my work, 6-7 pm, Lazaros wait to me in his cage.
He starts to call me , from the time to i unlock the door to come in.
My first think is to put out lazaros ,for 1 hour, so he flies into house, play with me and enjoy my treats. The difficult is to put him again into cage at the end.
every morning before i leave, i give him a bowl with vegetables and fruits for the rest of the day.
Lene

Post by Lene »

Congratulations, Lauren...

Yes, the birds will be fine... Are they housed close together?

Have have 4 cages in a row (my daughter says my family room looks like at pet shop) and on the opposite side is Cory.. He's overseeing them all..

Even though they're in different cages, they still interact in the way, that if one starts to eat, they all do. If one goes down to play with the paper, they all do...
Cheers

Lene
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hey everybirdy! Thankyou all for your support. Had my first day today, went well and I learnt a fair bit. Information overload, I'm dead tired! Only real trouble was trying to stand on my feet all day. I forgot how painful that is, but it should get better, I remember it all to well now.
Well, thismorning I left my babies in their cages. They were not impressed I can tell you that! Strange for Jibby since hes been such an angel lately. Yoda seems a bit more comfortable with telling me off lately too, and it was all attack the mummy at bedtime tonight. I have never seen Yoda this crazy, he flew onto my head and started attacking my hair and ripping it out. :shock: Oh I think they have been too spoiled over the last year and now I'm paying for it. I'm sure cage time will get better with new toys, that they badly need right now.
So thats my wrap up for the day. Hope to catch up on whats happening over here in the land of IRNs and Lovers of IRNs. :lol:
julie

Post by julie »

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad. I have things called docpods in my work shoes,because im on my feet walking up and down on mall flooring my feet were killing me to a point that I wouldn't have been able to walk on them and then I was told to get the docpods and they actually work. They are a little expensive ( $30) but they help alot and they have a 30day money back guarantee.
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Glad to hear the job is going well. The fids will adjust, I promise. When the days are short, there are times my kids never see me in the daytime (the aviary is outside and I go to work around six thirty). You will adjust, too -- suspect you will all be a bit out of sorts until you find a new routine, but you are going to do great!!
MCS
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Lauren

So glad that your first day went well... It is hard to be on your feet all day, when you're not used to it... It won't be long.

The birds will quickly adjust to your new routine... They have to do that in the wild due to other birds or migration... It'll only take a few days.
Cheers

Lene
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Woohoo .. congrats darlin .. it will all settle down, trust me. I am well over my 3 month trial at my new job now and its all like second nature now. The fids are doing just fine with it. They spend shorter but better quality time with me and are very use to it.

I am very excited for you and very proud of you !! *hugs**
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:cry: Well, it didn't work out this time. I'm devistated. They didnt even give me or the other girl a chance or a reason why after they gave us jobs already. All I can say is.. illegal! Working more than 8 hours a day without a break here is.. I know that! Maybe retail isnt for me. It wasnt what I wanted to do, more of just a trying to save to move job, but I gave it my best! Just thought I'd let you know. But I'm still trying to keep positive and will be back at the looking for work thing! Its never happened to me, not a good feeling at all and I dont even have a reason why. :? Just another one of those life hurdles to jump I guess. :( Sorry for the downer. I do tend to get too excited over these things. :roll:
nil

Post by nil »

But I'm still trying to keep positive and will be back at the looking for work thing!

dont give up lauren, 8) it was only a try, next will be better.
Melika

Post by Melika »

And I doubt Yoda feels bad for you! :lol:

You gave it your best, and that's great.

AND, now you have the opportunity to get Yoda and Jibby accustomed to being in their cages more, and slowly. Hane and Tsume still spend a bit of each day in their cages, as we never know what our schedules will be. Since my sister and I vary in our work times, they don't really have a set schedule and so are used to changes. Now you can help your birds adjust now, before you even start working! I think that gives you the advantage- and you'll feel better when you start a new job, lol. :D

I had an interview at a petstore once, didn't get the job though. When the manager asked me, "you know you can't play with the animals all day, right?" I think I looked at her like she was an idiot, lol. I realize now that she probably assumes all 'young' people just play, but I know work. And most of the fun comes from helping people with their animals anyway, I have my own animals to play with at home. :?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay