Breeders

Moderator: Mods

krispy

Breeders

Post by krispy »

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get in touch with IRN breeders in Townsvilee, Australia.
Also, I have a blue baby irn, about 10 weeks old and I was after some help. He (or she) is biting hard and I want to try and stop him from doing it before it becomes a permanent thing. He steps up and down with no problems, and most of the time lets me scratch the back of his head. Other times he just leans down to the finger he is on and latches on :shock: Oww!!
Thanks to anyone that can help me.
Can anyone possibly give me a visual sex id for my albino. I know its not 100% but I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

Sorry if the pic is a little blurry!!!
Last edited by krispy on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

There are lots of articles on biting around the place, first you should find out *why* your bird is biting. To do this you should watch your bird and note what happens just before your bird bites.

If you put your hand up to him to step up and he bites (fear is ruled out because you says your bird steps up fine) or bites while he's on your hand, check if your hand is steady and that he feels safe sitting there. Most birds dont thats why the move to shoulders.

If your bird bites you when he appears playful, ie when there is no other reason than he just wants to. Try offering him something else to chew thats not you. This is also a good way to interact with your birds. Birds like to chew so you should always give them something to keep their beaks busy. If your thinking there is stuff in his cage to chew well birds prefer things YOUR playing with or YOUR eating.

"Parrot Humor"
If I like it, it's MINE!
If I can reach it, it's MINE!
If I have it in my beak, it's MINE!
If I can take it away from you, it's MINE!
If I had it a while ago, it's MINE!
If I destroyed it, all the pieces are MINE!
If it looks as if it was mine, it's MINE!
If I saw it first, it's mine!
If you have it and put it down, it's automatically MINE!
If it is YOURS, and you think it's good, than give it immediately to me,
because then it's MINE!