Babies

Moderator: Mods

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Babies

Post by Jeremy »

I thought i would let everybody know i currently have 3 pairs of Ringnecks with a total of 10 babies soon to be 11.

Pair 1 - Grey Cock x Grey Hen - 4 babies with another one pipping
Pair 2 - Pastel Skyblue Cock x Silver Hen - 3 babies
Pair 3 - Blue Cock x Pastel Blue Hen - 3 babies

They are all only a few days old, all three pairs hatched babies on the same day :shock: How's that for good timing :lol:
webvixen

Post by webvixen »

WOW .......10/11 babies all at once!!! thats so cool.
they must have been something in the air one day :D

are you going to handraise any? if so you'll have to post some pics or some of us will be very upset. even if you dont pull any some pics would be great.

sounds like you are going to have your hands full for a while.
the best of luck
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Yes, i will be handraising ALL of them :shock: Lots of pics too, don't you worry about that :D Yes, there must have been something in the air on that day 8)
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I wish my pairs did that well. I have two maybe three pairs that can breed.
One pair didnt go down, One pair had eggs that got cold and the other pair had 4 eggs that just vanished.
Needless to say I think I'm going to give up on breeding IRNs
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Don't give up on them just yet, if it was their first season then stuff like that usually happens. They will get things right.

BTW i have put some pictures in the photo forum
Melika

Post by Melika »

With our lovebirds new pairs sometimes took three or four tries before successful hatching. We preferred it when they learned from their mistakes. And we always leave the chicks to be fully weaned by the parents for the first clutch.

As lost quite a few babies but in the end the parents always turned out great. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay