babies being fed

Moderator: Mods

wonderwomen78

babies being fed

Post by wonderwomen78 »

we have now got three little darling and this is our first time so im just trying to find out how do you know if the babies are getting enough food from the mum like where do you look to see if there is food there or not and if not what to do next as some are 4 days old and one is 3 days old
Donna

Post by Donna »

Their crop is right above their belly and you should see it full most of the time. Feed the parents soft food and not seed this makes it easyier for babies to digest. If the babies seem lathargic and lifeless then you have to pull them and start hand feeding every 2 hours around the clock for the next two weeks, you will gradually lengthen the times that you feed them
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
ian1

Post by ian1 »

Donna,

Sorry to go off topic - are there any more pictures of the Hyacinth in your avatar? They are amazing birds.
Ian
Donna

Post by Donna »

Although I'm on a ringneck board I still have to say my Hy. is my favorite she is such a sweetheart never bites like some of my other macaws. I do have more photos but can't seem to find them all, I just moved and my computer took a dump on me and I'm trying to get everything back, when I do I will post more pics of Darla. Darla is not the Hy. in my avatar though.

Thanks

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both