Unsuccessful again, now round 2?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Unsuccessful again, now round 2?

Post by Lauren »

:shock: Okay, can I get some help here Im a lil confused, here is the story:
In July Lola laid 3 infertile eggs, I believe before they even mated, I really think Jibby didnt have a chance this year, so after I let Lola diligently sat on her last 3 eggs, I took them off her and took the nestbox too. I thought she'd settled back into her routine without the nest. But today, some cheeky birds have found where I hide the nestbox in the spare room, now they are trying again, and she's already 'working' the nest (in the spare room). :shock: She seems pretty darn attached to the nest and Jibbys gone into 'protective' mode again! he is now feeding her again. Should I let them give it another go? or hide the nest somewhere else? lol. I'm confused. She laid her eggs before any of the normal .. I guess you could call it 'foreplay'.. now in mid August wants to try it again just because she found the nestbox? I'm wondering whether she'll let Jibby do anything this time? :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

i would say since she found the box & seems to be getting busy why not let her try again
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I might also mention.. I didnt expect much from my 2.. as Jibby has been a lone tame pet his life and its only Lolas second time in the nest.
I did see much mating last year, my gosh they bonked theyre lil hearts out, but this year I've seen no actual mating, flirting yes, bonking nope. :(
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

bec wrote:i would say since she found the box & seems to be getting busy why not let her try again
I am leaning towards letting her have her nest again. :wink: If thats what Queen Lola wants.. I suppose Id better be a good slave and give her the nest. :lol:
Im just worried if it causes stress to the girls? I know if I had to give birth and sit in a box twice over, Id be pretty darn tired!
bec

Post by bec »

yep well we all know how much our irns love their slaves being good :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:roll: Well well well, just after they confuse the hell outa me. They decide to do it 4 times thismorning in plain sight of me.
I still dont know why she laid 3 eggs before doing all this? now that I can clearly see they are doing it.. LIKE CRAZY today.. I guess its round 2.
Just thought theyd stick to the same time every year? They seem to be over a month late and after I took the nestbox away! :shock:

So I guess by replies, its nothing to worry about? :)
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Good luck! I hope they make some babies.
Allie
bec

Post by bec »

hows it going with these 2 lauren .......
any updates?