blue lacewing x albino

Moderator: Mods

javi

blue lacewing x albino

Post by javi »

Hi guys,
Can any one of you guys with expericence tell me what will I get mating a blue lacewing cock x albino hen ? The lacewing cock almost look albino but the back of the body is really light blue and also the top part of the tail. He is only a month and a week old. He has red eyes. The father is grey and the mother is blue lacewing and the baby was DNA sex and is a cock. I hope I gave you enough information.

Thank you.
Coastal-Birds

colour

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
First off are you sure its a blue lacewing.?
In Australia we have what is called a white headed blue cinnamon,this bird sounds like yours as they are a very pale blue almost white.But you can tell the bird as these have white flight feathers not like a lacewing with its destinctive marking on its flight feathers.
If it is a lacewing you will only get
50% Blue lacewing hens
50% Blue Pallidino Cocks.

If you could post a pic of this bird maybe it will be clearer to what it is exactly.
Coastal-Birds

colour

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Now you say the parents were a grey cock and blue lacewing hen.
If this were so you can not get a blue lacewing cock.
You would only get this outcome.
25.000 % Blue Hen

25.000 % Blue Grey(sf) Hen

25.000 % Blue / Pallid Cock

25.000 % Blue Grey(sf) / Pallid Cock

For it to be a cock the grey would have to be split to lacewing then your outcome will be

12.500 % Blue Hen

12.500 % Blue Grey(sf) Hen

12.500 % Blue / Pallid Cock

12.500 % Blue Grey(sf) / Pallid Cock

12.500 % Blue Pallid Hen

12.500 % Blue Pallid Grey(sf) Hen

12.500 % Blue Pallid Cock

12.500 % Blue Pallid Grey(sf) Cock

Cheers.
javi

blue lacewing

Post by javi »

Hi Coastal-birds,

Thank you for your help and I don't know how to post a picture but I really would like to do it so you can see it. The bird is really white with red eyes almost look like an albino but on the back has really light blue feathers and also on the tail. If is ok for you I can e-mail you some pictures or may be you can tell me how to post them. Thank you again for your help.

[/url]
Coastal-Birds

colour

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
The only way i know to post photos is to get a account say on www.photobucket.com
You uplaod you photo(s) to photobucket.
Once uploaded there is a screen under photo with IMG CODE.
You copy this IMG CODE and paste it on here.
To test you can preveiw the post before doing it.
Or you can (pm) me private message and ill send one back so then you then have my email.
Cheers
Todd
madas

Post by madas »

@javi:

Please look http://karmic.irock.com.au/Ringnecks.htm and tell us if your bird looks like any birds that is shown there.
javi

blue lacewing

Post by javi »

Thank you Coastal and Madas for your help. I have two pictures of him for you to look at.

I hope I am posting the pictures right if not I will try again.
In the picture you can't see exactly all the details but you can get a good Idea.
Like I mention if you look at him when you hold him he looks albino but then you open the wings and you see light blue on the back.

Thank you.[/img]
Coastal-Birds

colour

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi again
Hmm it is hard to tell from those photos.
Are you able to get a good one of its flight feathers either from on top or under neath with wings open.
It is pale but not enough for a white headed blue cinnamon i dont think.
It is still young so may colour up more over time.
It also could be a Blue Pallidino as with these you can only get male birds there are no females in pallidinos.
Cheers.
javi

lacewing or labino?

Post by javi »

Hi Guys,

I am more confused with my indianringneck now. I checked it this morning and the light blue feathers he had in the back are 99% gone they look white now. Is it albino and may be normal to see a little blue while the feathers are coming out or what is happening. I mention before that he looks albino except for the light blue feathers on the back.

Please help.

Thank you.
madas

Post by madas »

The bird can't be an true ablino because the mother is pallid and your bird is a cock. I think he must carry the pallid or (and) ino gen and your bird is a pallid ino blue or grey cock. the father should be split in ino or pallid because you havn't a true blue or grey bird. If the father is split to pallid your bird should have a visible shade of blue and is a pallid blue.

See here:

but you can't see such a blue shade as on the picture.
So i think the father is split to ino and your bird is really a pallid ino blue or grey cock. But this bird looks nearly the same as a true albino because a lutino and a pallid ino green looks nearly the same too. The difference between pallid ino green and lutino is a light green shade on the body. The body color will become paler when Pallid-inos are paired to Lutinos again and again.

So the pairing you asked for is not the best choice.
madas

Post by madas »

Possible pairings of the parents of your bird (commented):

1.0 grey(sf) blue x 0.1 blue pallid

50.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /pallid (not your bird, because visual grey)
50.0% 1.0 blue /pallid (not your bird, because visual blue)

50.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue (not your bird, because female)
50.0% 0.1 blue (not your bird, because female)

1.0 grey(sf) blue /pallid x 0.1 blue pallid

25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue pallid (not your bird, because visual grey pallid)
25.0% 1.0 blue pallid (may be it is your bird, but with more intense blue shade as your bird)
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /pallid (not your bird, because visual grey)
25.0% 1.0 blue /pallid (not your bird, because visual blue)

25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue (not your bird, because female)
25.0% 0.1 blue (not your bird, because female)
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue pallid (not your bird, because female)
25.0% 0.1 blue pallid (not your bird, because female)

1.0 grey(sf) blue /ino x 0.1 blue pallid

25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue pallidIno (may be it is your bird, has a light grey shade)
25.0% 1.0 blue pallidIno (may be it is your bird, has a light blue shade)
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /pallid (not your bird, because visual grey)
25.0% 1.0 blue /pallid (not your bird, because visual blue)

25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue ino (not your bird, because female)
25.0% 0.1 blue ino (not your bird, because female)
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue (not your bird, because female)
25.0% 0.1 blue (not your bird, because female)
javi

blue lacewing

Post by javi »

Hi Madas,

Thank you for the picture and your help in trying to figure out the color of my baby white. I attached a picture of two of the babies from the same clutch.
there were four babies two of them silver, one blue and the white one that I can't really tell what it is. The two silver have clear nails and light feet. the blue one has dark feet and black nails and the white one which I thought was lacewing or albino has red eyes and the entire body including the wings are white but a small part of his back is really light blue.
The parents are grey and the mother is lacewing with the white head and white tail and really light blue body.

Thank you.
Coastal-Birds

colour

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
Looking at last photo the wings dont seem to have the lacewing colouring,they look white to me.
Which would make the bird a pallidino.
Now the mother cant be a pallidino as only males exsist in this bird.
Now there are silvers in the nest to so the cock would have to be split to cinnamon and pallid and maybe ino to get a blue lacewing cock bird but it dosnt look like one.
Is the like DNA sexed or you were just told its a cock??.
The bird is still very young so you might have to wait months for it to fully colour up.
I have had young take 6mths to show there full colours.
Problem is in Bastiaans book on ringnecks they call the white headed blue cinnamon a pallidino,which is not right they are two different birds and totally different genetic backgrounds.
Here in Australia i have asked many what a true blue headed cinnamon is but no one can tell me and genetically i cant work them out.
These birds appear like a pallidino but visually totally different,very pale colouring such as your bird.
If anyone knows what a true blue or yellow headed cinnamon genetics are this would help alot identifying this bird.
Cheers
Coastal Birds
madas

Post by madas »

Now with the two silver birds the parent pairing should look like this:

1.0 grey(sf) blue /ino cinnamon x 0.1 blue pallid

24.25% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /cinnamon pallid
24.25% 1.0 blue /cinnamon pallid
0.75% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /pallid
0.75% 1.0 blue /pallid
0.75% 1.0 grey(sf) blue pallidIno /cinnamon
0.75% 1.0 blue pallidIno /cinnamon
24.25% 1.0 grey(sf) blue pallidIno
24.25% 1.0 blue pallidIno

0.75% 0.1 grey(sf) blue ino cinnamon
0.75% 0.1 blue ino cinnamon
24.25% 0.1 grey(sf) blue cinnamon
24.25% 0.1 blue cinnamon
0.75% 0.1 grey(sf) blue
0.75% 0.1 blue
24.25% 0.1 grey(sf) blue ino
24.25% 0.1 blue ino

because of the fact that you have two silver birds the ino and cinnamon gen should exist distinct on the x-chromosom. btw.: all silver birds are females.

the fathers gen code should be: G/G+; D+_bl/D+_bl; X_cin+_ino/X_cin_ino+

the mothers gen code should be: D+_bl/D+_bl; X_ino(pd)/Y

@Coastal-Birds: Look here http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/newnames.htm for the new names.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi

Did you also check the sex of the silver chicks? If they are females I agree with Madas, but if one of them was a male you should also consider the possibility of mum being a blue-pallid-cin (not very different from a blue-pallid) and the chick being a true blue lacewing (with two possibilities of crossingover depending if the father is split ino or pallid: cin-pallid or cin-pallidino). Extremely rare.
javi

Post by javi »

Thank you guys for your help coastal, madas and recio.
The white one was DNA sex and is a cock the two silver I don't know.
But the mother is blue lacewing.

The mother looks just like this picture.

I thought the white baby was albino when I got it but then I noticed the light blue on its back and here I am trying to figure out wht color he is.

Thank you.
Chriskoi

Post by Chriskoi »

Hi,

here is a picture of a pallidino blue (found on http://www.halsbandparkiet.nl, picture is taken by ben schepers):

javi

Blue lacewing

Post by javi »

Hi Chriskoy,

Thank you for the picture. The baby is only a month and two weeks old and is looking exactly like the picture you posted. He stared to get more blue on the body and wings. He is blue pallidino.

Thank you.