Male not interested in *that* kinda love

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Male not interested in *that* kinda love

Post by Lauren »

:roll: Well Lola is certainly ready to get this season started. Shes now sleeping in her nest overnight and just sitting in there during the day with the occasional kick of nest material out the entrance to the nest. Ive had to replenish the nest material once already because she kicked it all out. Occasionally she'll come out and 'present' herself to Jibby, but all he wants to do is 'talk', she obviously wants him to 'do the business' but hes more interested in 'talking', so she gives up and goes back to her nest, she'll then come out and demand to be fed. He is feeding her. But I havnt seen anything else in a while, I saw them do it once. I thought they continue to mate until she's laid all her eggs? I dont see any eggs? But Lola does have a visible lump. So Im thinking any day now we'll see an egg. Unless theyre now doing it in private somewhere im not seeing, I doubt the eggs will be furtile.
Its just I thought they mated more last year than Im seeing now, and whenever I see Lola 'trying', Jibby doesnt seem interested.
He is a tame pet afterall. But I thought he did well last year for his first time, even though we didnt get any chicks. He did look after her well and boinked his little heart out. :roll:
So Im not expecting much to happen this year. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Re: Male not interested in *that* kinda love

Post by pinkdevil »

Lauren wrote:Occasionally she'll come out and 'present' herself to Jibby, but all he wants to do is 'talk', she obviously wants him to 'do the business' but hes more interested in 'talking', so she gives up and goes back to her nest, she'll then come out and demand to be fed.
Well that has to be a first.....a man preferring to "talk" then do the "mango tango"!! :lol:

Of all my pairs, the only ones I saw doing the "mango tango" have been the green pair and that was last year.
Maybe Jibby is a shy flower and likes his privacy. :lol:

You never know, Jibby may have "hit the jackpot" in his "one time only" performance and you may have fertile eggs! :oops: :wink: