BREEDING MY RINGNECKS

Moderator: Mods

smick

BREEDING MY RINGNECKS

Post by smick »

MY TWO LUTINO'S ARE BROTHER AND SISTER SO I DON'T WANT THEM TO PAIR UP. I FOUND OUT THE PARENTS TO MY BLUE COCK ARE BLUELACEWING COCK AND PASTEL GREY HEN .
WOULD THIS BLUE MALE BE SPLIT LACEWING AND PASTEL.

I AM THINKING OF PAIRING THIS BLUE COCK TO THE PASTEL BLUE HEN. THE LUTINO COCK TO A BLUE HEN
THE ALBINO COCK TO LUTINO HEN.
IF THERE IS BETTER WAYS TO PAIR THESE BIRDS TOGETHER? FROM THESE PAIRS WHAT COLOURS CAN I GET?.
Recio

Re: BREEDING MY RINGNECKS

Post by Recio »

Hi smick
smick wrote:MY TWO LUTINO'S ARE BROTHER AND SISTER SO I DON'T WANT THEM TO PAIR UP. I FOUND OUT THE PARENTS TO MY BLUE COCK ARE BLUELACEWING COCK AND PASTEL GREY HEN .
WOULD THIS BLUE MALE BE SPLIT LACEWING AND PASTEL.
Yes, he is split lacewing (pallid), but he is not split pastel (turquoise). It does not exist blue birds split turquoise since turquoise is an allele (variation) of the blue gen. Since grey birds are in fact blue-grey birds, probably his mother was a SF (single factor) turquoise grey hen.
I AM THINKING OF PAIRING THIS BLUE COCK TO THE PASTEL BLUE HEN.
You will get:
Males: 50% turquoise split pallid and 50% turquoise
Females: 50% turquoise pallid (a sort of soft creamino sometimes also called rainbow) and 50% turquoise. Turquoise pallids females are made up of incomplete mutations of the blue and ino genes, so they are of a very light colouring.
THE LUTINO COCK TO A BLUE HEN

You will get:
Males: 100% green split both ino and blue
Females: 100% lutino split blue
Birds will be sexed at hatching just looking at the eye colour (red for lutinos)
THE ALBINO COCK TO LUTINO HEN.

All males and females will be lutino split blue since an albino bird is in fact lutino and blue at the same time.
IF THERE IS BETTER WAYS TO PAIR THESE BIRDS TOGETHER? FROM THESE PAIRS WHAT COLOURS CAN I GET?
It depends what you want to obtain but I would interchange the females of the first and third pairings as follows:

Male albino with female blue-turquoise:
Males 100% turquoise split ino
Females 100% turquoise ino (cream-ino)

Male blue split pallid with lutino female:
Males: 50% pallidino split blue and 50% green split blue and ino
Females: 50% green split blue and 50% pallid split blue

Doing theses pairings you do not get the females turquoise pallid but you get males pallidinos and avoid having a clutch with 100% lutinos males and females.

Hope it helps.
smick

Post by smick »

THANKS RECIO FOR YOUR ADVICE ON PAIRING,IT SOUNDS GOOD. I'M NOT SURE WHAT SPLIT INO MEANS IS IT SHORT FOR SPLIT LUTINO?.
WHAT DO PALLIDINO'S LOOK LIKE? FROM THESE YOUNG WHICH WOULD BE BEST TO KEEP AND PAIR TOGETHER?. WOULD A PALLIDINO SPLIT BLUE TO A TURQUOISE INO BE GOOD?. I'M NEW TO RINGNECK COLOUR MUTATIONS AND WOULD'T WANT TO DO A BAD PAIRING , THAT GIVES YOU YOUNG NOBODY WANT'S, THANKS SMICK.
RECIO IF YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF A PALLIDINO COULD YOU PLEASE SEND IT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS mycoola1@bigpond.com. THANKS SMICK.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi smick
smick wrote:THANKS RECIO FOR YOUR ADVICE ON PAIRING,IT SOUNDS GOOD. I'M NOT SURE WHAT SPLIT INO MEANS IS IT SHORT FOR SPLIT LUTINO?.

Yes
WHAT DO PALLIDINO'S LOOK LIKE?
I do not have any picture of a pallidino cock but it should be like the pallid green cock in this link (http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... Pallid.htm) but with yellowish body colour. I am sure there is somebody in the forum with such a pic.
FROM THESE YOUNG WHICH WOULD BE BEST TO KEEP AND PAIR TOGETHER?. WOULD A PALLIDINO SPLIT BLUE TO A TURQUOISE INO BE GOOD?. I'M NEW TO RINGNECK COLOUR MUTATIONS AND WOULD'T WANT TO DO A BAD PAIRING , THAT GIVES YOU YOUNG NOBODY WANT'S, THANKS SMICK.
It takes 2-3 years for IRN to reach sexual maturity, so you have the time since the youngs are not still born.... and you do not know if parents are fertile, if the female will accept the male you choose for her, if the eggs will be fertile, the number of eggs or if you will get the youngs you expect since the offspring ratio indicated is just theoretical. I thinck it is better to wait and see which are the babies you get before to decide which pairings should be made. I have learned a lot about IRN in this forum and, if interested, you will also learn. Just one more advise: read the old posts (most of the questions have been already answered)