irn color

Moderator: Mods

Tammy Milligan

irn color

Post by Tammy Milligan »

i also have a chance in buyin a cream colored one and an albino you can get pretty much any color you desire in london they are so many breeders down there . and they sell them really cheap .you can buy and color breeding pair for £120 thats a real good price.Image
Last edited by Tammy Milligan on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
julie

Post by julie »

although the pic isn't really big enough to see well, I will move it over to the breeding section and see if someone can help you out.
Fah

Post by Fah »

the pic is very small and not top notch quality... but a guess is that its a silver IRN (cinnamon grey), but hey... its a guess.

Mutations in IRN's are normal, they just vary between locations as to which are rare and which are common.
U.S Marine

Re: irn color

Post by U.S Marine »

Tammy Milligan wrote:i also have a chance in buyin a cream colored one and an albino you can get pretty much any color you desire in london they are so many breeders down there . and they sell them really cheap .you can buy and color breeding pair for £120 thats a real good price.Image
In America, they are banned in most states to sell in a local pet store. NO breeders in my state, i had to have mine ship to me. LUCKY YOU GUYS. :lol:
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Ill agree with Fah.
Unless it is a young bird if it was a grey it would have a black bottom beak and its legs would be dark grey with black nails,but young birds can sometimes take upto 8mths to colour fully up.
So depending on its age it is either a grey or a grey cinnamon(silver).
Cheers
Coastal-Birds

colours

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi again
If it is mated with a green bird the young can vary in colour.
Most greens birds these days are split to blue but also can be split to cinnamon and the ino gene.
If you can find out exactly what its breed is or what it parents were(for the green bird) then someone will be able to tell you exact young outcomes for this pair.
Tammy Milligan

Post by Tammy Milligan »

Why are they banned in most states pets stores.over here they sell about anything hawks,owls you name it you can buy it here.
Fah

Post by Fah »

IRN's are such a hardy species, and so adaptable to their environment, that in the wild they can pose a serious pest threat unfortunately...

Fact is... you get people who unashamedly release their birds into the wild thinking its the best idea and that they will actually survive the ordeal or dont care. (most diet btw a terrible death often related to starvation, just cos its a bird.. a pet doesnt neccessarily know how best to forrage on local feed types).

We here in Australia for example have flocks of wild IRN's in Western Australia. As beautiful as they are in large numbers with no competition... they damage local wildlife etc by taking all the nesting holes and eating the surrounding food.
Tammy Milligan

Post by Tammy Milligan »

Wow i didnt know how destructive they could be to an enviroment . they are still lovely lil birds . they are wild in the uk as well. and they seem to be taking over . lol i would have a big bird feeder and bath in my back yard just to watch them if i lived in london .
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Hi Im with Fah an Coastal Birds----almost positive its a Silver Ringie.Matter of fact this color is next on my shopping list !!!
bec

Post by bec »

i agree its silver for a second i thought i was looking at a picture of my skeet