Baby IRN

Moderator: Mods

Thomisco7

Baby IRN

Post by Thomisco7 »

Recenlty I Got Baby IRN Which Is Gray So Her/His Owner Said S/he Will Turn Into Blue, So This is True? :shock:! Because I Am Just Wondering.
<3 Sam Already :lol:
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Don't know, never heard of that before. But it could be true..can someone here help us wit this one?
Coastal-Birds

colour

Post by Coastal-Birds »

If it already has feathers and it is grey it will not turn into blue.Blue and grey are on the same gene pool so it is one or the other.
Recio

Re: Baby IRN

Post by Recio »

Thomisco7 wrote:Recenlty I Got Baby IRN Which Is Gray So Her/His Owner Said S/he Will Turn Into Blue, So This is True? :shock:! Because I Am Just Wondering.
Hi Thomisco,

If your IRN has grey feathers it means that he has the grey gen (SF or DF) expressed in the blue serie. It means that your bird is also blue but the blue is masked by the expression of grey. If SF grey and paired to a blue hen non split he will give you blue and grey babies.
In fact he is blue but you do not see it.... and he will never turn in blue.

Hope it helps
Thomisco7

Post by Thomisco7 »

Recio wrote:
Thomisco7 wrote:Recenlty I Got Baby IRN Which Is Gray So Her/His Owner Said S/he Will Turn Into Blue, So This is True? :shock:! Because I Am Just Wondering.
Hi Thomisco,

If your IRN has grey feathers it means that he has the grey gen (SF or DF) expressed in the blue serie. It means that your bird is also blue but the blue is masked by the expression of grey. If SF grey and paired to a blue hen non split he will give you blue and grey babies.
In fact he is blue but you do not see it.... and he will never turn in blue.

Hope it helps
So Sam is Blue Inside But Covered Up As Gray Right? That Mean It Will Stay Gray Forever?
Recio

Post by Recio »

So Sam is Blue Inside But Covered Up As Gray Right? That Mean It Will Stay Gray Forever?
Right, but in the futur he can give you blue babies
Thomisco7

Post by Thomisco7 »

Recio wrote:
Right, but in the futur he can give you blue babies
Awesome But I am Indeeding Not To Breeding Sam Because I Dont Kno what Sex Sam Is At Moment And Sam Is 7Week Old, Just Got Sam 2 Day Ago
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi again

It does not matter if your bird is a boy or a girl since the mutations we are speaking about (blue and grey) are not sex-linked (they act the same for males anf females).

Enjoy your bird