Jibby in the box for hours?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Jibby in the box for hours?

Post by Lauren »

Hello all. Well, Jibby and Lola have started mating yay! Lola is preparing the nest right now.
Ive noticed Jibby has been spending hours of the day in the box with Lola. Its funny, because all I can hear from them is, 'I love you'. They sit in there for hours repeating it over and over. Its adorable. hehe. Yesterday I sat and listened to them for well over an hour, until Jibby popped his head up and noticed I was there. Oh boy, did I cop it! lol.
But is it normal for a male to spend so much time in the box with the girls? As soon as she goes into the box, Jibby follows and they wont come out for much of the day!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Aww how sweet! That is beyond adorable! Sorry I can't answer questions.. I don't breed. :D Get a video of this if you can. My husband and I want to see this. I just finished reading your post to my husband and he thought it was so funny. We want video!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I agree, get a video of the love couple for sure!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Not sure with my other ringies, but the breeding green pair I have, the girl seems to like the box to herself. The other pair are more secretive about their nesting habits. Besides, when I go outside, the Conures are the first to let everyone know that tucker could be on it's way, so the rest of the aviary birds fly to the front to see if it is a false alarm or not. lol
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

A video would be nice.
Do you have a device
to record?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

haha thanx all. I dont have a camera with sound. :( and my other camera I cannot use since my bunny chewed the charger for it. :( Oh I want to get this on vid. Its hilarious, because all I can hear is 'I love you' and lil kissy sounds. For HOURS. hehe. Until one of them pops their head up and realise theyre being listen to.. and they arent happy with that!
Weird thing is, they only ever say 'I love you' to each other. :shock:

Jibby must love sitting in that nestbox, because today Lola came out to get some food, Jibby still sat in there until she came back! Maybe its nice and warm in there? It has been freezing the last few days.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year