can a hand-reared tame male pair with a female?

Moderator: Mods

nil

can a hand-reared tame male pair with a female?

Post by nil »

i have a behaviour problem with my lazaros, a 2 yrs old male indianringneck, hand-reared from at age of 2 weeks
lazaros has a very strong relationship with me and prefer humans than birds
it is nice to have this relation with my bird but this absolute necessity affraids me because i think this is no normal and my bird must be more self-contained.
Also my free time is very few and i am out of my home many hours a day and few times must leave him for few days alone so i suppose that a pair will give to Lazaros a company and a more normal life, otherwise it will be nice to see my lazaros children sometime
So i decide to give him a pair and I take a female (parent-reared, yellow) I have her 5 months now, 3 in the same cage with lazaros
she was wild but now she is enough tame but i cant touch her or even move very close to her
She has the same age with lazaros - 2 years old.
when i put them together for first time , lazaros no gave me any reaction, maybe only courious.
Lazaros not only doesnt lose his pet nature but he wants me the same than before.
He lives accord with her, he affraids her a few and he doesnt prefer to stay near her, but generally is good without any fights
i think he is pattience and ignore her
he prefers to stay with me and is very expansive when we are together.
He looks me that is sexually imprinted on humans rather than being imprinted onto his own species.
Lazaros shows sexually reactions, like male dancing, to me or even to various things like toys but not at all to female
i dont know if this can change, i hope so but i am affraid also
have you anything to suggest me about that?
Is there any possibility to lazaros change his behaviour?
Jay

Post by Jay »

In my experience, male pets has a lot better chance to breed compared to hens.

When his hormones engage this coming breeding season, perhaps his behavior will change.
nil

Post by nil »

thank you Jay
i hope so