Male Raising Wings

Moderator: Mods

JimHcctx

Male Raising Wings

Post by JimHcctx »

I have a one year old male, every time I pick him up he immediately Stands Tall and Raises his wings. This is not something I taught him like Big Wings or Eagle. He is very persistent with it and is currently showing my Sun Conure lots of attention much to the dismay of her boyfriend.

For most his life he was with 50 other IRNs in a large flight, only the past couple months he has been brought indoors. Everything I have read has said a 1 year old male cannot breed, but I am just wondering if there is any possibility? He is a Violet, so I don’t want to waste a year if it is actually possible.

thanks
Jim
Jim H
Nodding the head is not rowing the boat!
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi there.
Well im not sure where you live but here in Australia our season has ended about 2 months ago for breeding.
Yet out of my ringnecks i have certain cock birds displaying again,both young about 1yr old and mature pairs.
The 1yr breeding for ringnecks is what most people say a load of bull,but a well known breeder of head and tails birds has had 1yr old cocks breed and be fertile.
So if he is displaying and you put him with a mate you should see him feeding her etc.
Worth a try being a violet and not having to wait the 2 1/2-3yrs as they say to mature.