Feeding question

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

Feeding question

Post by alana8819 »

ok i know this is about my alex babies and should go in the alex section but no one answers.
We pulled them out last night after their night time feed so they were settled, we feed them this morning and just before(feeding 4 times a day atm every 4 hours) just want to make sure i am feeding them enough how full should the crop be? i dont want over stretch it so haven't been giving it to them so that it is bulging but enough for it to be nice and round and look full.
also do we give them water? i wasn't sure if the formula is enough or not they aren't crying and seem content but just want to do everything right.
also how active should they be mine are 4 weeks and a bit the smaller of the 3 is more active then the other two who seem top heavy is this normal?
any advice very much appreciated.
julie

Post by julie »

check out this pic of spike, that is how full the parents were filling the crop. I will see if I can find some pics of mika when I was hand feeding him. As far as im aware they should get enough water from the formula.
julie

Post by julie »

I hope you managed to get a formula (sorry dont see the posts down so low)
I use vetafarm .
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thanks julie yeah that's how much i've been giving them didnt want to make them explode. yeah i got roudybush formula 3. ok wont give them water then i thought they'd get it from the formula just wanted to make sure.
julie

Post by julie »

Can you post some pics of your bubs when you get a chance please 8) Are you going to keep one for yourself?