Keeping two sibling question

Moderator: Mods

Peachykeen

Keeping two sibling question

Post by Peachykeen »

I posted this here because I thought it was more likely than not that a breeder would attempt to keep two sibling IRN from birth than someone else.

I had originally planned on keeping one baby from my clutch to keep as a pet but as my previous post mentioned my Lutino is just not friendly enough even from this early age for me to feel comfortable selling her. I sure would not want someone to take her "aggressive" type behavior to mean something it is not and mistreat her because they do not understand what is going on. So instead of selling her- of course I am keeping her and I have Andy the green baby that I wanted as a pet when I realized Kay was going to be less that cordial from the start.

So my question is.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE

How likely am I going to get "pet quality" lovin' from my Andy if he is constantly around his sibling. Do they do the normal bird thing and just like their birdy friend more or will an IRN prove to be a bird that can be will another IRN and still be trainable and social. I would just like to know what my odds are. We play with both of them but they do spend all day together- they sleep in the same cage>>> sigh>>> So what are my chances folks of having one bird that is a little bite happy but other wise pretty darn cool and one the cuttle muffin that is starting to become less cuttly..lol but still not as aggressive as Kay.
Suzanne- NC- USA
Donna

Post by Donna »

I would stick to your first plan. Your baby lutino is still young enough to be tamed but with having a sibling in the same cage it's going to be difficult. They will both seek each others attention and not have much to do with human contact. They are still wild animals and will likely choose the other bird.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Peachykeen

Post by Peachykeen »

I should get rid of the Lutino?? Is that what you were saying.. I was confused.

Thanks Donna :)

Suzanne
Suzanne- NC- USA
Donna

Post by Donna »

It's your call keep them both if you want to but put them in seperate cages.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

if you want to sell the lutino, i would advertise it as handraised but needing work to tame. You may be able to find someone who is experienced with taming that wants one. Good luck with which ever one you decide.