I got 2 questions

Moderator: Mods

everardor

I got 2 questions

Post by everardor »

First of all I got a new male indian ringneck for my female Ringneck since shes about 2 and a half years old now. The person said he was 3 years old. My question is since I got him on Sunday they already cuddle up against each other and sleep together but hes been on this weird rush where he twists his head and does this meow chirp and goes left chirp right chirp down chirp and repeats its really cute but I am curious on what it is hes doing any help?

2nd Why are my ringnecks female feet white? when every other ringneck blue female i have seen have black toe nails and grey feet? heres a pic!!

Bella

Post by Bella »

Does the males eyes pin (pupils go really small then big) as he is doing this dance? Sounds to me like it is a mating dance.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
everardor

Post by everardor »

Well the thing is he dont trust me so he wont do it when I get close to his/her cage she is use to me after 2 + years lol but him he gets all jumpy and scared but its really cool how he does it he goes really far left really far right then makes this call like OWWWW or MEOOOWW and his head is below shoulder level when he does it goes left right down and bends his head back and does it if hes doing the mating dance thats a good thing right? also is there a video of any ringnecks that do the male dance so i would be able to tell if its what hes doing.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

ahahaa it does sound like the mating dance. does he pull his wings back so they make a love heart shape?

i think they all have their own little moves but ive just found this video on YouTube. not sure who's it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f9ctzlpoM8

my fid pulls his wings back to make the heart shape, pins his eyes, and puts his head from side to side really fast, making the wierd chip noises inbetween and clicking his tongue.

wow, your Blue female is very pale coloured! really pretty :) (someone waayyyy more intelligent than me should answer ur foot question haha)
everardor

Post by everardor »

yeah her feet look albino she has shades of gray white and blue

and no he does not drop the wings yet but he looks like a rooster walking around the cage strutting and stuff looks like a rooster!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Looks like a Blue Cinnamon. Does your bird's feather, nails, and feet look like this member's Blue Cinnamon?

everardor

Post by everardor »

exactly like her coool :) they told me she was just a blue irn when i got her she was really tame

well they look like they bonded within 2 weeks so if they happen to breed what color mutations could i get jay i know you know a lot about that?
Jay

Post by Jay »

everardor wrote:exactly like her coool :) they told me she was just a blue irn when i got her she was really tame

well they look like they bonded within 2 weeks so if they happen to breed what color mutations could i get jay i know you know a lot about that?

What's the color and split (if any) on the male?
everardor

Post by everardor »

solid blue
Jay

Post by Jay »

All babies visual Blue. All males split to Cinnamon.