Ignorance...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Ignorance...

Post by Mikaela »

Please excuse my ignorance, but that is why I am here. If I knew everything... wouldnt need to be. So as stupid as this question may sound to some, I am brave enough to ask it anyway.

Will my girl Irn lay eggs? But because she is alone, the eggs wont be any good? Or, she must have a mate to even make eggs? Just want to know what to expect. Thanks, in advance.

My granny always said there are no stupid questions just stupid people that were afraid to ask something they don't know. I would rather ask a stupid question than continue to be ignorant in regards to a topic.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Yup, if one doesn't ask questions there is no learning. I totally agree. ^_^ I'd prefer to ask questions, instead of letting my mind fester within itself.. :wink:

Your female can lay eggs without a mate, and they will not be fertile. But that doesn't mean she will. Some females go their whole lives without laying eggs. Others may lay just once. And some lay every year. It depends on the bird.

In fact, most of the chicken eggs you buy are infertile. ^_^
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:)
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

OK here is another question. How do i put a picture under my name for this thing. I think it's called an avatar. i tried already, but i dont know how.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I consider myself very good with computers, however, I had the same problem to the point I had to have a friend do it for me.

If anyone can help him add an avatar, please step-by-step it so we can all do it. I am sure it is simple but we just dont know the trick.

Post the pic you want to use and maybe my friend, or someone here, will do it for you. Hope it works out. I love to be able to see people's babies along with there nick. Helps me put a name with a bird hehe. Good luck hun. Hope someone hooks you up with an avatar but first we would need the pic you wish to use.

Dont believe they will need your password as long as you close out without LOGGING out. I feel your pain, this was my issue last week.
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

[img]MVC-031S[/img]

ok, i cant even put the picture in this thing, i tried pasting it, but it doesnt work that way. sorry, Mikaela
Help anyone???
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I know Jonathan, it is catchy. I understand your frustration. e-mail be a pic of the avatar you want to use and I'll do my best to get it set up for you.

I remember when I was trying to get it done grrr. I might need your password to your profile but doubtful as long as you dont log out when you leave. (Just close the window).

My e-mail is mikagirlie@yahoo.com

Title it "avatar" so I know right away what it is about. We'll get it working for ya. NO more feeling :x
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

OK Mikaela, i sent u a picture of my IRN, hope u get it. Thanks for your help. Oh yeah, and i didn't log out, i never do anyways, i just close the window. ok, ltrz
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:x So frustrating!
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

lol, yeah it is frustrating. So... what happened?
Melika

Post by Melika »

1. First you need an image. This board allows the maximum of 80x80 pixels in size. Most boards will only allow .jpg or .gif avatars. You can tell how it's saved by it's suffix:

If the picture you have it too large, use a photo editor or graphics program to shrink it a bit. Then select and 80x80 pixel area to be your avatar. // If you only have Paint, you can see the measurement in the lower right corner of the window when you are using the select tool- the dotted box. When you have it 80x80 Edit>Copy; then File>New and don't save the previous picture. You should be able to paste it and save for your avatar. If there is a lot of white around the avatar, go to Image>Attributes and change the width and height to 1. Now paste again and you can save it now with the name of your liking.

2. Now you have to put this avatar on the internet, called uploading. I really like www.photobucket.com for image hosting. And it's free.

Upload your image onto your web-host. In Photobucket it will give you a URL, that's the address of your avatar. Copy it (hightlight and ctrl+c)

3. Now we're at your last step, go to your profile on this forum and paste (ctrl+v) the URL into The space for "Link to Off-site Avatar".

And that's it. Enjoy your new avatar. These rules can apply to most forums.
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

oh wow, thank you Melika. great way of explaining things
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

YES.... thank you so much Melika for that information, yey i finally got it
i also want to thank Mikaela for trying to help me, thanx u all
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*gives Jon a big ol hug*

Kick **** man! You're in business now!

Can I call you my avatar man :wink:
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

wooo, thanx for the big ol hug, just like in Texas.
well i just followed Melika's instructions. it was soooo easy to do after getting in the website thing.
Melika

Post by Melika »

And what a pretty bird. Glad I could help. :wink: