feathers and breeding

Moderator: Mods

dr.roseicollis

feathers and breeding

Post by dr.roseicollis »

if the irn lose some of tail feathers due to touching cage wire ,it affect in breeding process >>>or there is no relation between lose of feathers and breeding ?thanx
julie

Post by julie »

put them in a bigger cage and one that is appropriate for irns and they will get their tail feathers back
dr.roseicollis

Post by dr.roseicollis »

ok dear thnx>>>but the question was if this affect breeding process ?
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

its could

Julie siad put them in a bigger cage and there tails will grow back

I think that it would effect if they breed or not cuase if they dont like there home then i doubt there gonna be happy enough to breed

jsut my honest opinion

You come on here asking a question adn all of us just reply the best we can
-Justin
Donna

Post by Donna »

As far as tail feathers go NO it will not effect their ability to breed but an unappropriated cage will.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

Image why do I think these poor birds are going to be left like this.
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

thanks donna those are the words i was looking for!
-Justin
Lene

Post by Lene »

The conditions of the tail feather have no affect of their breeding abilities, but their housing will.... I doubt very much you'll get any birds to breed in that cage - not even finches in its current location.

Birds need light - sunlight - As far as I can see in your pictures they get none, and if if sunlight came into the room, the other cages on top would block it.

How long have you had your birds?
Cheers

Lene
Melika

Post by Melika »

And in a small cage, the female is not likely getting enough exercise, which could result in egg-binding. Which can be lethal.

Edit: After viewing your pictures, I believe their cage is one the floor? It would be nice to get it up off the floor, as it is often drafty down there, so we don't want the birds to be chilled.

If the birds are motivated enough, they might breed in any conditions. But are you just wanting them to mate, or do you want healthy parents and babies? There's a lot that goes into breeding parrots, to have healthy birds. Thanks for coming to this site to find out more about breeding them.

Unfortunately, it is very hard to share everything we know since we cannot always think of everything you might need to know about breeding. Books are very helpful, and will supply information we might be forgetting. We can help a lot, but this board is a supplement, not the be-all and end-all of avian knowledge. :wink:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
dr.roseicollis

Post by dr.roseicollis »

Melika i thank u so so much for ur reply...really i put that cage on the floor for transiaent period of 2 weeks as i prepar new closed place to them and to roseocollis ...is it better the new place is 2.5 meter *1 matere *2.5 meter but they still in that cage in that nwe place and i will raise them 1 meter from the floor and also get the nest at that period> waiting ur openion ..i read in some informational sites that size of the cage is not important than the type of food u give to ur parrot for example if u have very large cage and u give ur parrot fatty food he will burn this fats by flaying and moving in that large space ...aslo if u have small cage and u offer balanced food not only fatty the parrot can breed easly even the place is not large enough to flay and move here and there aslo writer said that he breed in diffirent sizes small and large one but the main point for him was the feeding process during breeding season>>what ur openion >>>thnx this is the site i get this information from
http://www.lowcountryindianringnecks.co ... t_diet.htm
Lene

Post by Lene »

Here he states the sizes of his breeding cages - this is what he calls 'small' cages, compared to an aviary. You don't need a large aviary to breed IRNs.

"These are the breeder cages that I use:
2’ x 4’ x 4’ ------------------- 3’ x 4’ x 4’
4’ x 4’ x 4’ ------------------- 4’ x 4’ x 6’ "

in centimetres:
61cm x 122cm x 122cm - - - - - - - - - - - 91.5cm x 122cm x 122cm
122cm x 122cm x 122cm - - - - - - - - - - - 122cm x 122cm x 1830cm

It's a good site, but do some more research... You'll find your cage is too small, not just for breeding, but for housing the birds.
Cheers

Lene
dr.roseicollis

Post by dr.roseicollis »

this is new clear pic to the cage ..wait ur openion
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

hi i think the cage is long enough but not tall enough they wouldnt be able to fly in that properly without hurting themselves and where are you going to put the nest box most are about that height
julie

Post by julie »

you need a cage that is bigger than the birds length, they need to be able to stretch out and flap their wings ect. If you get chicks will you be hand rearing????????
dr.roseicollis

Post by dr.roseicollis »

iam so sorry julie i just see ur question now >>> offcouse when god give my chickes i will handfed some and sale some get me not all chicks i will handfed only i keep one or two >>>>julie can i post my handfed programme when i get my new lovebird babies ,they will come in less than 2 week ,can i ? i will supply it by photo sure . till chicks of irn come or not come we wait god orders.
julie

Post by julie »

i WILL REPLY IN THE OTHER THREAD YOU STARTED
leo

hallo

Post by leo »

hallo doctor......

u promised to post the lovebird baby pic+ hand feeding

anyway?

hows your birdy? how many chick, or may be eggs do you have?

u really sound interesting...

praying to god to bless your bird with good owner,........
i will rather choose to die than to become your bird...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............