Help!!!

Moderator: Mods

cecialfaro

Help!!!

Post by cecialfaro »

We introduced our new male to our female and she keeps attacking him and all he does is run and fly away from here. Is there something we should do. Should we separate them until mating season.
nil

Post by nil »

dont put them together , it is very dangerous, there is the possibility to injury or even kill themselves.
put them in different cages,one near other.
Wait untill you see that the birds have get used themselves.
after that put them together but with attention for the first time.
the mating season is a good time, but it may be sooner.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Waiting until breeding season certainly won't make things worse. If you can, put the female in the male's cage for breeding season instead of the other way around. That sometimes helps curb some of the aggression.

Jim
October is National Tagline Awareness Month
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

Gosh I wish my female was like that!!! My male needs a good beating...
nil

Post by nil »

i think you must change your birds swanwillow and cecialfaro :lol:
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

Sometimes, I think so too, but noone wants to trade!! :lol:
cecialfaro

Thanks

Post by cecialfaro »

thanks for all of your advise. We separated them and he is now safe, But she still seems to act weird. Her body language is sure is funny.
avril

Post by avril »

Cock birds sometimes become casualties during the buildup to the breeding season. This can happen when nest boxes or logs have been hung in the flights too early. The hen will naturally start to prepare the nest box for egg laying and because of this the cock thinks she is ready to mate, when in fact she is not. The cock displays moves into the hen's personal space and he is bitten usually on the face and the legs.
Some birds are just not compatible, although it is usually when a bird moves into another birds space.

Take the female out of the aviary as she is saying she is the Boss and her domain exclusively.

I learnt this the hard way as my Charlotte attacked her own father and made a real mess of him, he is still in isolation and recovering but it has been 8 weeks. She bit off his toe and bit his head down to the bone and around his eye. We still are not sure he has sight in his eye even though the eye appears to be okay.

Charlotte has quieten down and she is in an open aviary with other young birds and has not attacked them.

Next season she will be going down with another male but the male will be put in the aviary first to become the dominant bird.

Good luck with your IRN's and persevere with them