New Babies!

Moderator: Mods

kingtutone

New Babies!

Post by kingtutone »

I know no one is using this board cause it’s new, but I have some great news to share! Finally, after patience and hard work, my Indian Ringnecks have successfully hatched their own clutch.

I had to assist one baby in hatching, mainly due to the low humidity in Southern California. Other than that, everything went well! Both babies are chirping and squirming around. I’ll take some photos and share them with the current members.

I am still expecting one more baby, which should hatch about two days from now. No pip yet but waiting.

Imran Chaudhry
:D
asplashof color

hatching

Post by asplashof color »

:D we are also awaiting our first to hatch sounds cool lots of luck with the little ones
Nothing makes me happier than a chirp in the morning
kingtutone

Thanks

Post by kingtutone »

Yeah it is cool and I am really excited. The oldest baby is already six days old and huge! I can’t believe how fast they grow. The mother keeps them nice and full. I am adding all kinds of fruits and vegetables to ensure the babies stay nice and plumped.

I was a little disappointed during the first clutch of my IRNs. They laid six eggs, all of which were infertile. I was hoping just one would be fertile, but none were. I guess it’s because they were new to each other and both were in a new environment. I continued to offer fresh fruits and vegetables, which I think my Indian Ringnecks like more then seeds, and more privacy. This proved to be the perfect formula. I positioned the bird’s cage in a higher location, which allowed me to view them through the window with minimal disturbances.

Long story short, it worked and now we have three baby Indian Ringnecks. Also, I have been feeding the last chick from day one. The mother did not feed him/her. I am assuming it’s because the other chicks are older and can compete more. I have been feeding the little guy round the clock every two hours;) It’s fun! He is doing great and is really vocal. It’s really different then a lovebird!

Thanks for your input; it’s nice to see people finally using the board. Just opened this site about 3-4 weeks ago. Good luck on your Ringnecks as well! Please keep me updated! :D

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry