SHE LAYED AN EGG - YAHHH!!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

Pringle Bird

SHE LAYED AN EGG - YAHHH!!!!!!

Post by Pringle Bird »

Look,

this is my first pair for breeding so im not that experianced but this morning i found an egg in my IRN breeding box. She has been in the box and hasnt been coming out. The one question is how do i tell that she is acctually sitting on them, when i checked the first time it was in the middle of the box, when i checked at lunch it was moved more to the corner. I think that she is doing well and im hoping for a few more eggs.

Are the eggs supposed to move around the box And do u have any tips for me.

ALSO,

what do i feed her while she is sitting on the eggs and when the babies are born.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Yes it is normal for her to be turning the eggs. She will probably start incubating the eggs after the second egg is laid. Start feeding her foods high in calcium hard boiled eggs with shell is a good source and fruits and veggies should also be provided.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep as donna says .. she will lay between 3 - 7 eggs, a clutch is 3-4 and she will usually not begin incubating until the third egg is laid, they lay an egg every other day. She will rarely come out and the male will need some good foods to be able to go in to feed her (regurgitate) Kai actually takes whole food in there for mickey aswell. Incubation will be approx 21 - 28 days. My last lot hatched 22 days from the third egg.

I give plenty of green beans, scrambled egg with shell and soaked milk arrowroot biscuit, corn, plus other fresh foods. :wink:

Good luck and let us know how it all goes.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless