please answer few more querries for my Greeny (alex baby)?

Moderator: Mods

deeds

please answer few more querries for my Greeny (alex baby)?

Post by deeds »

hi ,

i am v graetful for all the help i am getting from thiswebsite to raise my darling alex baby GREENY...have few more queries:

a...What is the ideal place to keep him at 5 weeks age? I can not keep him in open since i have a curious cat too, so i keep him in a well arranged shoe box with placed inside a cage....is this ok? or any bettter suggestion please..thoughi feed him my self and handle him a lot.

b....what age shud i give him toys?

c...In my country i can not find the specilaised feeding formula..so i am feeding him with cerelac (human child formula of fruit wheat and grains)..i have also sarted to feed him some squased mangoes...is this ok? as he seems to be growing well..

will wait for replies...regards

shahid
i love birds!
Jay

Post by Jay »

A formula containing fruit, wheat, and grains should be okay... so is mango. You can give toys for the baby to play with. Try giving slices of fruit as a toy substitute. The baby should start with the weaning process right now anyway.

Put the baby in well-ventilated cage so he/she can start spreading and flapping its wings for exercise. Put perches in the cage at varying heights so he can practice climbing to them.

Put the cage in a room away from the cat. I still don't trust cats around birds unsupervised. Cats are among birds' natural predators.
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) I have 3 cats. My bird and cats never meet. I have raised exotic plants for years so I have a room just for the plants where the cat's can't destroy them. That is the room I keep Klaatu in. What country are you from?
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
nil

Post by nil »

how is your bird shahid?