Shredding?

Moderator: Mods

CricketsMum

Shredding?

Post by CricketsMum »

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, just been too busy. My Cricket is going nuts at the moment. She is in the bottom of her cage and is shredding the newspaper I put down into insie winsie bits and has a fab time doing this. Is this normal? Thanks everybody

Vera
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

Sounds like she's trying to organise a nest! She may be looking to lay some eggs and is preparing for it.

Otherwise, they do love shredding paper for fun too.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Sounds like nesting...keep an eye on her and increase her calcium intake if she does start to lay...laying eggs is hard on their tiny bodies

Dani
CricketsMum

Wow, nesting?

Post by CricketsMum »

She's only 1 year & 3 months old. Ok, cool. She always has plenty of cuttle bones and plenty of toys, and most of the time when I'm home she's out of the cage and busy playing on her playstand (she's spoilt :D )

Thanks
Bird crazy

Shredding paper

Post by Bird crazy »

My Nila loves to shred paper if he gets hold of it. I try not to let him because I had read somewhere that the ink can be toxic. That was about 8 years ago when I read that, maybe newsprint has changed since then
so may things do.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby loves to tear **** up but I was always concerned about ink poisoning. Im a lil freaky about stuff like Bird Crazy and I worry like missi. :shock:

This is an unfounded fear?
~ Mikaela Sky