New Bird House and Flights

Moderator: Mods

Clynos1

New Bird House and Flights

Post by Clynos1 »

Hi,
Just thought I would post a picture of my recently completed Bird room and flights. Three flight with two Bird Room Night Shelters.
Hope to start breeding in January / February, Sorry about the washing line!

More pictures of my birds to follow
David
Attachments
IMG_2541 small.jpg
InTheAir

Re: New Bird House and Flights

Post by InTheAir »

Wow that looks great!
kandiceeli

Post by kandiceeli »

This looks wonderful. What kind of materials did you use? I want to build something similar but in doors since in in New York.

Kandice http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/pos ... f03733fb36#
Clynos1

Post by Clynos1 »

Hi Kandiceeeli. thanks for the comments.
The main structure was used for a number of years when we bred Labrador dogs, as we no longer breed dogs I converted the puppy houses into night shelters and the dog runs into three flights.
I used 40mm x 40mm hard wood timber with 16g mesh on the inside of the panels, the internal panels were double meshed to stop the birds biting each other!
The only reason I covered the whole flight area with Polycarbonate sheeting was on the advice of the local bird club who advised that in my area we have a lot of Sparrow Hawks and other birds of pray.
As a consequence of this, I have installed automatic water spray nozzles in each flight to simulate rain. (the water comes on twice a day for 5 mins.) In addition I have also installed an automatic watering system to replace the flight water bowls each day with fresh water.
Both of these systems used a dual garden watering controller purchased from the US.I have attached photographs of my night shelters - I hope they help.

David
Attachments
IMG_4780.jpg
IMG_4779.jpg
ring man

Post by ring man »

cool looks great hope it works for you.