Breeding IRN, s in highlands

Moderator: Mods

mick.1369

Breeding IRN, s in highlands

Post by mick.1369 »

Hi guys n gals, very new to breeding and was wondering when IRN season is for southrn highlands nsw is. Just purchased a breeding pair in early Nov this year and just now my girl ( pastel blue lacewing) has been visiting and preparing the nest box. Ive seen alotof different answers on when they breed and was figuring it was too late. Is it possible if they were disturbed while preparing to breed that when relocated they have just held off until they were more cozy. Any advice on this would be muchly appreciated. Thanking you all in advance for your advice.
Ring0Neck

Re: Breeding IRN, s in highlands

Post by Ring0Neck »

Breeding season is around June-July through to November

They have ample time to accomodate to their new home.

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
mick.1369

Post by mick.1369 »

Exciting times ahead, our blue cock and blue pallid hen have eggs. I peeked monday and found first then this morning another. So glad to have just purchased heat lamp and thermometer for brooder last week and hand raiding mix(neo-care, have seen breeders give it a rap) to hand raise these from 12 days on iff all goes well.. Will wait and see how many she lays then candle to check alls well..Will post pics of parents and young when have time. WISH ME LUCK... :D
mick.1369

Post by mick.1369 »

Looks like the season is now and all is well I think.. 5 eggs in the nest now, just candled them and 4 seem to be occupied and 1 maybe clear(going to wait a few days and re-candle to see if any progress. Mum's been incubating well only seen to feed and mate then back on the eggs. Heres a pic I took this morning.....
Attachments
1ST clutch of eggs in southern highlands.
1ST clutch of eggs in southern highlands.
smoogfk

Post by smoogfk »

Hello everyone. I have a little problem. I have two ringneck in a big cage. But they refuse to mate. how can I make them make? I just wanna see them have chicks :)