New to breeding IRNS

Moderator: Mods

Gunzorz

New to breeding IRNS

Post by Gunzorz »

Hi All.

Ive been reading through the boards for a while but this is my first time posting.

I purchased a few Irns recently and from what I have been reading its not the ideal time to start breeding I thought I would try it. If nothing eventuates it will at least give me some practice for next season.

I'm still trying to get my head around the specific genetics etc but I was hoping someone could give me some advice on which of my birds to pair up to give me a good chance at increasing my colour selection. I really love the birds and would like to have a variety of colours in my aviary.

Im also not 100% on what the actual colours/mutations are of the birds that I have so ill post some pictures.

The birds I have at present are.
Green Cock (DNA Tested), Albino Hen(DNA Tested), Blue Hen, Lutino cock?, Blue Pallid Clearhead cock I think and a Grey Pallid Clearhead Hen I think.

I do apologize that the photos are a bit dark its not the best weather here today.
It also turns out if i attach the photos via my photo bucket page my post is too spammy is there a site anyone can recommend that works with this forum?

Thanks
Colin
SCB 22

Re: New to breeding IRNS

Post by SCB 22 »

Hi there - imageshack is good for uploading pics! hope this helps.