breeding in texas... is it too early?

Moderator: Mods

omarion

breeding in texas... is it too early?

Post by omarion »

i have a pair of ringneck i put together around 3 months ago so that they could get use to each other when breeding season started. female a violet lavender color and male a cinnamon sky blue beautiful pair... well she is working the nestbox right now like she is getting ready to lay im new to breeding irn's and just wanted some input aint it to early to start breeding in texas?
omarion

Re: breeding in texas... is it too early?

Post by omarion »

i see people in houston still selling irn babies so i was wondering if maybe they could start breeding this early or should i say this late......
JimHcctx

Post by JimHcctx »

What you are seeing is babies ready for sale who were born a few months earlier. Breeding season in the Houston Area Starts in late December and goes to the end of June. Their s a guy up there who breeds ringnecks that I am told uses artificial lighting to trick his birds into a second breedings season each year, but I have not ever spoken to him, so I cant tell you if it works.
Jim H
Nodding the head is not rowing the boat!
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Yeah, i don't know if artificial lighting works. All the years I've been on the forum I've not seen it. This does not mean it exists, but i have not seen it. :) I would say the babies are from a few months back.

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C