Problem with Breeding !!!

Moderator: Mods

Umer_Ahmed

Problem with Breeding !!!

Post by Umer_Ahmed »

Hello all,
I have a pair of Indian Ringneck(proven), I got them 6 months ago. At first they were Mating Alot, even when I didn't have a Nesting Box. But, they stopped mating for a long time, like 1 and a 1/2 month, I got them a bigger cage and a small nesting box. They started mating, then stopped again for two months. I got them a bigger nesting box but they are not mating or anything. The Female just bites the Male, the male is so scared of aher that he does not even come close to her. Are they gonna lay eggs??? And also please tell me the Breeding Season for IRNs in Pakistan.

Thanks & Regards

Umer
adrinaxo

Re: Problem with Breeding !!!

Post by adrinaxo »

Wondering if your problem was solved? What was the fix if you found one... :D
Umer_Ahmed

Post by Umer_Ahmed »

Nop!!! heven't solved the problem yet!!! I will update you if i will get an answer!!!

Thanks & Regards

Umer
Dha Aviary

Post by Dha Aviary »

I am really not so much of an expert.

maybe try to separate them for a week.
That they can just hear each other but have no chace of seeing.

Then bring them together.

So that they missed each other.

Hope it helps.
Danny123

Post by Danny123 »

Try moving them to a different aviary with plenty of protection from wind and see how they go after. That also depending what seasons it is where you are may have missed out on breeding season and may have more luck next time
JonoH

Post by JonoH »

I had the same problem with a pair so i introduced another male, and within a day the others were both in the nesting box.
rayhan

Post by rayhan »

hi, iv had ring necks for about 7 months and now they are about 10 months, when will they start breeding, and no im not the type of person who wants to make money out of them, anyway i dont know anything about these birds and how they breed so what should i know about them.

thanks and im from the uk
Umer_Ahmed

Post by Umer_Ahmed »

dear Ryhan,

The indianringneck parrots can breed any time if kept in captivity, but the real season in which might get eggs is Spring (Starts in Late Winter) and this their breeding season you need to put a nest box inside if you have a big cage or aviary, if you don't just install out of the cage (if you don't know how to.....please contact me by email). Now then, the age you are telling is too low, they have to be like..... atleast 12 to 18 months, then you can breed them.

Hope this helps!!!

Umer,
Karachi, Pakistan.
Umer_Ahmed

Post by Umer_Ahmed »

Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!!!!

I installed a slightly bigger nest box, at first the parrots were afraid of a BIG nest box. Then i put some holes in top of it last night. Today when I came back from swimming, I was so tired that i fell on my bed, then i saw the female got into the box, i thought my brain was playing ricks, but it was real, and then a while later i saw again that the the female (Mini) was in the nest box and the male (Max) was half in the nest box, feeding the female. The season for breeding is started and i am pumped up that i might get eggs this year, this is wonder full....... My dreams gonna come true of my parrots having a family, a big one :D :D :D.

Umer,
Karachi, Pakistan.
rayhan

Post by rayhan »

congratulations, i hope they all survive.
can i pm you instead of email,
Umer_Ahmed

Post by Umer_Ahmed »

Yes you can pm me, ofcourse......

Thanks for the congrates but the parrots have not laid any eggs they just accepted the nest box!!! (you can know that if the parrots are chewing on the nest box). But anyways thanks!!!!!!