Baby or babies in nest?

Moderator: Mods

brytiz

Baby or babies in nest?

Post by brytiz »

I know I have at least 1 chick in the nest. Haven't heard any noise but when mom went to eat veggies yesterday morning, she went back to the nest and when appearing again there was a downy feather on her beak. Since I put the nest box at the top of the cage (4 1/2 feet), and can't open the lid, could I possibly lower it or put it on the bottom of the cage without upsetting mom? She appears to be using alot of energy climbing up and down the cage to eat.
Ann
JOE

Post by JOE »

During my own experiences i have found it is better to leave the parents and box alone, unless you are experienced enough to take on hand feeding if somthing does go wrong. Again this is based on my own experiece. You should be able to hear them during feeding time and i would'nt worry about the parents to much. Hope everything goes well keep us updated. :D
JOE
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

u sed that she has been comming out only to eat. thats behavior they use before the eggs hatch as well as after and even before they lay eggs the feather was probubly her own they have to preen wether they are nesting or not and they use feathers in the nest i have seen lots of feathers in my birds nest. plus after the first few hours u can here they chicks. id say at best u have eggs, and u should take the nest down and look in it then mount it a little lower so u can inspect it easier later what about the male is he going inside to feed the female? he should be :wink: