help!!

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

help!!

Post by angeldc77 »

My pair has been on eggs for the past ten days and recently the male ha become aggressive toward the female, and not letting her in the box as t times. This morning I found her outside the box ans her foot was bleeding from where he bit her. Thankfully she didn't loose a toe and it does not seem too bad. I have caught him yanking at her tail feathers while chasing her away. Things seemed to be going perfect at first, now I don't know what is causing this behavior and what I should do. I checked the eggs and they were clear and cool to the touch so I discarded them. Please give me some advice. I was thinking of seperating them for a dew days.
angeldc77

Re: help!!

Post by angeldc77 »

ok, I removed the cock. Do you know what would cause this behavior? Can I put them together again in a couple of weeks? It almost seemed like he was taking over the nest box as if it was all his.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

The eggs were clear at 10 days so I got rid of them. I'm going to clean out the nest box and leave them seperated for the next week or so to see how things go. He must have been in protect the nest mode, because he is not tame and always content . She should lay again and I would like to pair them up, but not at the cost of her safety so I will be extra careful.

Thanks.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Thanks for the advice :D I never thought that it would be my male needing to have his wings clipped due to hormonal issues. Goes to show that birds are just as unique as individuals as humans.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

how old are they, is the male rang out yet ? if not you may have 2 females together hence the infertile eggs