tame irn

Moderator: Mods

dwaine

tame irn

Post by dwaine »

does tame irn are good parents ..
as a guy tell me that they don't know how to take care of them ??
McmillanBirds

Re: tame irn

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi there

Some breeders don't like using handreared birds for breeding as there is possibilities of not mating properly, not feeding chicks, not incubating properly.

Atleast half of my birds that I use for breeding have been handreared and they do just as well as my wild birds.

I don't have problems using them but everyone will have different experiences and preferences.

Hope that helps
dwaine

Post by dwaine »

[quote="McmillanBirds"]Hi there

Some breeders don't like using handreared birds for breeding as there is possibilities of not mating properly, not feeding chicks, not incubating properly.

Atleast half of my birds that I use for breeding have been handreared and they do just as well as my wild birds.

I don't have problems using them but everyone will have different experiences and preferences.

Hope that helps[/

do u have wild irn with the handreared one ??
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Most of my pairs 1 is wild, one is handreared. I have heard of many peoples tame ringnecks having babies in the house so it is not impossible for 2 tamed birds to have babies together.
dwaine

Post by dwaine »

McmillanBirds wrote:Most of my pairs 1 is wild, one is handreared. I have heard of many peoples tame ringnecks having babies in the house so it is not impossible for 2 tamed birds to have babies together.
thx a lot :)