Grey Green Male pairings

Moderator: Mods

littlemiraclesaviary

Grey Green Male pairings

Post by littlemiraclesaviary »

I am purchasing an unproven pair where the hen is an albino and the male is a grey green as well as a single grey hen from the same person. I really want to try and find a turquoise male for the albino hen (if I can) unless it makes sense to keep her with a grey green male. What would this produce? Or would I be better to put the grey green male with teh grey hen?

Thank you
willowisp71

Re: Grey Green Male pairings

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi,

If I have this correct......if you keep the grey green cock with the albino hen, you will get grey green and green in both cocks and hens, cocks will be split blue ino, and hens will be split blue.

If you pair the grey green cock with the grey hen, you will get grey(DF) green, grey (SF) green, and green chicks in both cocks and hens, with both genders being split to blue.

A straight turquoise (parblue) cock with the albino hen will give you turquoise (parblue) blue/ino cocks and turquoise (parblue) blue hens.

The experts might want to correct me if I've got it wrong :? :lol: :D
Regards Deb
littlemiraclesaviary

Re: Grey Green Male pairings

Post by littlemiraclesaviary »

Thanks so if that is correct I definetly don't want to keep the grey green and albino together for what I want to achieve.