What colors are desired? What mutation is most popular?

Moderator: Mods

blueindianringneck

What colors are desired? What mutation is most popular?

Post by blueindianringneck »

Okay, so we don't breed any unwanted babies that wind up in a life of rehomeing, what colors are desired? Male? Female? Think of any color IRN out there and tell me what is and is not wanted. Thanks!
blueindianringneck

Re: What colors are desired? What mutation is most popular?

Post by blueindianringneck »

I understand all the birds have the potential to be great birds, (set by their owner... great owner makes great pets) however, For instance, if there's a lot of color X that needs to be adopted than we don't want to breed X.
I have Male in these colors, Green, Blue, Violet, Gray, Yellow. I have female in these colors, Yellow, Blue, blue Lacewing, white.

What colors would you suggest we breed? I currently have the blue lacewing paired with a violet. As well as a Lutino male with Albino Female.
smick

Post by smick »

I think it comes down to personal taste and whats more usable to produce different colours. I personaly do not like greys,greygreens,olives,mauves. I think grey is a hard colour to use from being dominate and i for one don't want them. I was given a mature grey cock recently but am giving it to a friend. I don't like mauves because to me they look a bit like greys :roll: . I like the blues,turquoise,violets,cobolts, and also the lighter coloured birds such as pallidino's,creamino's,pallids :) . Not real fussed on the pieds but love clear head and tails. I'm really new to ringneck mutation breeding and i'm not motavated to breed for profit,so i just go for the colours i like,others may buy a not particurly attractive bird just because it has potentual to breed expensive colours. When i saw a picture of a olive pied i went yuk ,ugly bird and not for me :( but it probably has good breeding potentual and expensive mutations. Just my five cents,thanks smick.
austateaud

Post by austateaud »

I color blue it symbolize the sky.

Cheers!
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Just my personal point of view, I love the blues, cobalts, violets, and I don't mind the greys and silvers. Not real fond of green, lutino, albino, or the pied variety....but find the cleartails interesting.

And yet, ask someone else.....and they'll have a completely different opinion!! I do know that around my area at the moment there seems to be a few breeders/owners trying to sell or swap their green IRNs :?
Regards Deb