Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

What colors are desired? What mutation is most popular?

Moderator: Mods

blueindianringneck

What colors are desired? What mutation is most popular?

Post by blueindianringneck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Okay, so we don't breed any unwanted babies that wind up in a life of rehomeing, what colors are desired? Male? Female? Think of any color IRN out there and tell me what is and is not wanted. Thanks!

blueindianringneck

Re: What colors are desired? What mutation is most popular?

Post by blueindianringneck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I understand all the birds have the potential to be great birds, (set by their owner... great owner makes great pets) however, For instance, if there's a lot of color X that needs to be adopted than we don't want to breed X.
I have Male in these colors, Green, Blue, Violet, Gray, Yellow. I have female in these colors, Yellow, Blue, blue Lacewing, white.

What colors would you suggest we breed? I currently have the blue lacewing paired with a violet. As well as a Lutino male with Albino Female.

smick

Post by smick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 pm

I think it comes down to personal taste and whats more usable to produce different colours. I personaly do not like greys,greygreens,olives,mauves. I think grey is a hard colour to use from being dominate and i for one don't want them. I was given a mature grey cock recently but am giving it to a friend. I don't like mauves because to me they look a bit like greys :roll: . I like the blues,turquoise,violets,cobolts, and also the lighter coloured birds such as pallidino's,creamino's,pallids :) . Not real fussed on the pieds but love clear head and tails. I'm really new to ringneck mutation breeding and i'm not motavated to breed for profit,so i just go for the colours i like,others may buy a not particurly attractive bird just because it has potentual to breed expensive colours. When i saw a picture of a olive pied i went yuk ,ugly bird and not for me :( but it probably has good breeding potentual and expensive mutations. Just my five cents,thanks smick.

austateaud

Post by austateaud » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm

I color blue it symbolize the sky.

Cheers!

willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 am

Just my personal point of view, I love the blues, cobalts, violets, and I don't mind the greys and silvers. Not real fond of green, lutino, albino, or the pied variety....but find the cleartails interesting.

And yet, ask someone else.....and they'll have a completely different opinion!! I do know that around my area at the moment there seems to be a few breeders/owners trying to sell or swap their green IRNs :?
Regards Deb