Questions about my Albino Ringneck

Moderator: Mods

kckruger.za

Questions about my Albino Ringneck

Post by kckruger.za »

Hi there

I was told that breeding my albino is wasting my time because they don't breed. Please can someone tell me is this true?
I have tried with my blue male and my female albino has been sitting in the box for a very long time but I'm not sure if i should be excited or not?
willowisp71

Re: Questions about my Albino Ringneck

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi kckruger,

Have you tried looking inside the box to see if she is sitting on eggs? And how long is a 'long time' (that she's been sitting)?

And I don't think I've ever heard that albino's can't breed :?: but I'm not a breeder and very new to IRN's, so can't really give you an informed answer on that. I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable breeders can help you out on that question. Just seems really odd though for someone to say that to you, (perhaps they meant YOUR bird in particular can't breed?)

Anyway, best of luck, and I hope someone more informed can answer your question for you :)
Regards Deb
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi

I have 2 albino hens, 1 paired to a visually blue cock and the other to a visually grey cock. They both breed beautifully and are fantastic moms.
If she has been in the box for a while now, I would check to see whats going on.

Carmen
kckruger.za

Post by kckruger.za »

Thanks very much for the responses.

I have looked and she has four eggs so now hoping and praying they will hatch. :)
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Oh, that's fantastic news, kckruger!! :D :D :D

Please keep us updated on your progress. Maybe you can start a new thread for everyone to follow in the Breeding forum, and post pics of the parents, and the babies when they hatch, as they grow up??

Good luck with it all :)
Regards Deb