breeding help

Moderator: Mods

Jayesh Pancha

breeding help

Post by Jayesh Pancha »

hi, i have an aviary that is 3m long and 1.8wide and 2m tall which holds one pair of ringnecks do you think that it would be ok to have another pair with them or do you think i should halve the aviary length ways
Jayesh Pancha

Re: breeding help

Post by Jayesh Pancha »

hi anybody out their i despretley nead help as i am considering buying another pair :D :?:
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Erm, Im American, meters are gibberish to me, sorry.

However, I wouldnt put 2 pairs of IRN's in a flight, regardless of the size. Just not worth the chance of them killing eachother or eachother's chicks.

Athena
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

ABSOLUTELY NOT

In breeding season the hens will attack each other. House pairs seperatly. Or Split them into to males in one cage, females in another.

They will be fine until breeding season then they bite toes off the other hens or even kill them.
Jayesh Pancha

aviary size for breeding

Post by Jayesh Pancha »

thanks, well my aviary is 9 feet long, 6 feet wide and 6.5 feet high. so do you think i could split it down the middle length ways or through the width ways for 2 pairs of ringnecks to breed successfully in an aviary that size. thanks
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Splitting it in half is the way to go.
That way, each cage would measure, 1.5m long x 0.9m wide x 2m high.

All my Ringnecks are caged in 1.5m long x 0.7m wide x 1m high and they all bred successfully last season
birdman5000

cage size

Post by birdman5000 »

at the local bird farm in the next town over they are a large farm breeding dozens of species and thousands of birds anyway i have seen their irn aviarys and they have a triangle shaped one about 20 feet long and 9 feet high that has a few pairs of birds and breeding boxes in it ? i will ask them about it