8 irn's how to set up pairs for the future

Moderator: Mods

LadyCalypso

8 irn's how to set up pairs for the future

Post by LadyCalypso »

Ok so just for fun what would give me the most colors of chicks? or just different mutations? here is what I have that I am using to start my mutation breeding out with any suggestions? most of the birds here are obivously to young to breed yet but I can day dream until they are ready lol thanks for any suggestions I am also looking for a Turquoise (Pallid) lacewing cock to pair with a violet hen :) turns out Turquoise Pallid cocks are not as easy to find as I thought they might be lol

My Birds IRN
1. Band No. ,Blue/ unknown cock H.D. 2004

2. Band No. , Blue (Pallid) lacewing hen H.D. 2011

3. Band No. ,Blue/Albino/Fallow cock H.D 2010

4. Band No. , Turquoise (Pallid) Lacewing hen H.D.2010

5. Band No. 36, Grey Male -- hatch date 5/2/12 -- parents Olive cock x Albino hen

6. Band No. 31, Silver Hen -- hatch date 4/30/12 -- parents GreyGreen/Lacewing cock x Silver hen (this pair produces lutino, grey, silver, greygreen,blue and green.)

7. Band No. 26, Olive Hen -- hatch date 4/30/12 -- parents olive cock x Albino hen

8. Band No. 6 (Sherlock) Silver Male -- hatch date 3/3/12 - parents Silver cock x Fallow Blue hen.
smick

Re: 8 irn's how to set up pairs for the future

Post by smick »

Lady calypso,interesting birds exspecially that pair that throws all those colours from olive and silver. my pairs set up for this season ,turquiose blue pallid cock x blue hen
green pallid/blue cock x blue pallid hen
indigo blue/pallid cock x df violet blue hen
turquiose blue/ino cock x creamino hen
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

Smick i like your pair set up hope you get some nice colors from them thanks for sharing. Have you had these pairz set up before? If so what chicks did you get? How long have you been breeding ringnecks's? I am knew to it is but it is so neat how many different colors and mutations you can get :)
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

LadyCalypso wrote: 5. Band No. 36, Grey Male -- hatch date 5/2/12 -- parents Olive cock x Albino hen
Seems as if the father should be a greygreen cock, rather than an olive, otherwise they wouldn't be able to produce a grey offspring. Greygreen and olive look very similar (different coloured tail feathers). Unless the father is olive, and the hen is albino cobalt or mauve, then the chick is actually a mauve / ino, rather than a grey. This seems highly unlikely, though. Your bird most probably is a grey / ino male if the mother is albino, so 50% of his sons and daughters will carry ino. You won't know with the sons, as it is recessive. Best choice would be with a hen carrying ino as well. Turquoise ino (creamino) would be good.
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

His father is olive and the mother is ino masking grey found through breeding so the pair is right he is olive she is ino i bought them from a reputable/knowlagable breeder in California called the beak i have never seen the parents but trust she knows what she is doing i called her to ask today and she said olive not grey geen thank you fo the info though it started making me think :)I love it