best colour to put with a green hen and a green cock

Moderator: Mods

lurcherk9

best colour to put with a green hen and a green cock

Post by lurcherk9 »

hi guys ive recently bought a pair of ring necks but they are brother and sister they are 3 years old and i am looking to start breeding them but would like to start getting some mutation 1s i dont want the brother and sister to breed so i am going to split them up and buy a new cock and hen to go with each 1 what i wanted to know was what would you recomend putting with them to get differant coloured chicks i know they might throw green as well but as im just starting out with ringnecks any advice would be good im not new to breeding as i used to breed african greys but like advice on the colours plz thanks in advance if i dont get chance to thank you
Kiki22

Re: best colour to put with a green hen and a green cock

Post by Kiki22 »

I don't know a terrible lot about mutations but I am pretty sure that if they arn't split to anything else that anything you put them with would result mostly in greens because it is the dominant colour.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Also not a breeder but I know that a lot of breeders use this genetic calculator to help them figure it out:
http://gencalc.com/

Ellie.
smick

Post by smick »

Only new at mutations myself but i think to produce mutation colours quickly from normal greens you probably would be best to pair to another co-dominant mutation such as grey (bluegrey) and violet (blueviolet),both these depending on which sex is what% will give coloured young such as greygreen/blue &violet green/blue. I don't know how many other colours are good straight up but more experienced breeders may help. Thanks Mick.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Depends on how much you want to spend. You can get a turquoise violet pallid cockand all your female babies would be violetgreen lace wings and green lace wings all split to blue or turquoise .all the mail babies would be green or violet green split to blue or turquoise.
marline sa

Post by marline sa »

hi all!!!!
i have a green cock and white hen what colour do you think the babies wil be :?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

marline sa wrote:hi all!!!!
i have a green cock and white hen what colour do you think the babies wil be :?
They will all be green, unless the cock splits for blue (or turquoise), then you can get green and blue (or turquoise).
Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi Lucherk, what is the colours of the parents of the 2 green chicks that you have?

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT