How To Breed Lavender IRN?.

Moderator: Mods

Dan Cell

How To Breed Lavender IRN?.

Post by Dan Cell »

Hi Guys I decided to breed Lavender IRN's this season, the only thing is that I dont exactly know what colour the parents have to be. Does the cock bird has to be a Violet or a Skyblue(Bluecinnamon) or does the hen has to be a Violet or a Skyblue(Bluecinnamon).

Somebody told me that the cock has to be a Skyblue & the hen needs to be a Violet is this true or not?.

Thanks Guys any help will be good.

Dan Cell :P
Molossus2

Re: How To Breed Lavender IRN?.

Post by Molossus2 »

Yes that is true. Blue cinn aka sky-blue cock to a blue violet hen will produce..
Blue and violet blue cocks ... All /cinn
Blue cinn and violet blue cinn hens.
If you can get hold of a cobalt blue cinn cock you can Bree two more blue cinn color types.
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Thankyou Molossus for your reply, I saw a Lavender hen at my friends house and it looked so nice, I just have to breed one for myself lol. I never seen a Cobalt Cinnamon Ringneck before, but yeah I will try to find one.

Cheers Dan Cell :lol:
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Also one more question, can I put a Bluecinnamon aka Skyblue cock to a Violet Pallid hen in order to breed Lavender aswell?.

Cheers
Dan Cell :lol:
madas

Post by madas »

Dan Cell wrote:Also one more question, can I put a Bluecinnamon aka Skyblue cock to a Violet Pallid hen in order to breed Lavender aswell?.

Cheers
Dan Cell :lol:
Yes you can. the whole male offspring is double split for pallid and cinnamon and the whole female offspring is cinnamon. Both in blue or violet.
But perhaps you are able to get a cobalt violet female to pair her up with your cinnamon blue male. This would give you cinnamon females in cobalt, violet and cobalt violet.

Here is a pic showing cinnamon cobalt and cinnamon violetblue:

madas
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Guys I found a awesome looking Lavender hen and I'm going to breed her to my Blue/Cinnamon Cock.
So hopefully I will be breeding Lavender IRN's in Cocks & Hens, and also I will get Blue and Skyblue(Bluecinnamon) as well. So yeah can't wait.

Dan Cell :mrgreen: