Violet Buttercups

Moderator: Mods

Dan Cell

Violet Buttercups

Post by Dan Cell »

Hi guys I recently completed my new avairy and it looks great, so in one avairy I'm breeding a Violet/Cobalt split Pallid (Cock) to a Indigo Blue Pallid (Hen). and for my second pair I would love to breed Violet Buttercups, but the problem is I dont know exactly how to breed this particular mutation. Somebody told me that I should find a Blue Buttercup Hen and put her to an Violet Cock, is this true or do I need to do a bit more research?.

Thankyou Very Much Guys, I could really use some help :lol:
rod038

Re: Violet Buttercups

Post by rod038 »

That combination will give you young split to Buttercup. If you cant find a Violet/Buttercup or a Violet Buttercup then that is the way you will have to go. Hopefully you will get some Violet young and they will be split Buttercup which you can then pair to a Blue Buttercup and breed Violet Buttercup young.
The Violet/Cobalt cant happen because it will either be a Violet Cobalt or not. A bird cant be split for Cobalt.
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Thankyou for your help mate, yes sorry about that my cock bird is Violet Cobalt split Pallid I dont know why I wrote it like that. So I have to find a blue buttercup Hen and pair it up with a violet cock bird in order to breed young violets that will be split buttercup, than pair the young to a blue buttercup and hopefully breed violet buttercups. Sounds like it will take some time :).
rod038

Post by rod038 »

Its a recessive mutation. Would take a few years to get a Violet Buttercup if you do it that way.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Dan,

Could you post a pic of the indigo blue pallid hen? This is a combination that I have never seen.

Thanks

Recio
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Hey Recio I cant upload the pictures, if you want give me your email and ill send the pictures like that.

Cheers Dan
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi

I sent to you my e-mail ... but not pics at all.

Recio
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Hey Recio i sent pics to your private email.