cock sleep in nestbox..

Moderator: Mods

lolorenjo

cock sleep in nestbox..

Post by lolorenjo »

i have a new albino pair in my flock..based on seller he told me they are male and female but did not bond..
this new pair i just mix together around a month ago..but they still did not bonding yet..
recently i noticed that the male sleep in the nestbox...
is it normal this behavior for a male?
or because this male was actually a female???
Molossus2

Re: cock sleep in nestbox..

Post by Molossus2 »

Observe the birds closely. Is the hen chasing the cock into the box? Is the cock not surgically sexed if not sex it ASAP. Once this is confirmed make sure the birds are both mature and in a breeding age. Very Young cocks are often fearful of hens.A vet can help here.
lolorenjo

Post by lolorenjo »

Molossus2 wrote:Observe the birds closely. Is the hen chasing the cock into the box? Is the cock not surgically sexed if not sex it ASAP. Once this is confirmed make sure the birds are both mature and in a breeding age. Very Young cocks are often fearful of hens.A vet can help here.
dear Molossus2, tq for your reply..
the hen did not chase cock, but she look like fear to the cock..she always keep distance..
they are both mature, hen was 3 year old and cock 4 year already..
it hard to find any avian vet here.. :(

can be both of them female?
blueindianringneck

Post by blueindianringneck »

lolorenjo wrote:
Molossus2 wrote:Observe the birds closely. Is the hen chasing the cock into the box? Is the cock not surgically sexed if not sex it ASAP. Once this is confirmed make sure the birds are both mature and in a breeding age. Very Young cocks are often fearful of hens.A vet can help here.
the hen did not chase cock, but she look like fear to the cock..she always keep distance..

From my understanding "Albino" of the blue series show up in offspring as white. the "Albino" of the green series show up in offspring as "Yellow" and it is a sex linked gene. There for 99% of the time they are female.

A breeder told us the only way to get a male "Albino" of any series, is to breed the female back to it's father (Ew...) and then you will get a male yellow or male white, but NOT to breed it with the brothers because there could be bad genetic issues in their offspring. Also, from my personal experience the white albino (Which i have one of and love) are completely nuts and psychotic. Different breeders have given me different reasons as to why. But the most common reason I am given is the amount of in breeding done to get the white. The yellow appear in nature a few times, but often don't survive because they are easier to see/eat. My white one is dumb as a box of rocks and goes into her "Trance" for hours...even with out the "peekaboo" you'll see in this video of her. When her eyes pin, she will not move.. step up.. nor eat. She's simply 'lights on no body home' kinda thing. Here is the video of her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljd3oCJ_g48

Also, in my years dealing with birds.. BIRD PEOPLE LIE. THEY'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO SELL YOU A BIRD.

Let's see... I've been sold "Molly" the "5 year old" "Talking" african grey.. that thru a simple DNA blood blot on a card and a $20 check sent to tampa florida I found out is actually a boy. His name is now Desmond. lol. And he does not talk. Only meows. And only he knows how old he really is.

Also saw a lady at a bird show sell a woman who lives in a 1 bedroom apartment an adult Macaw. Told her they don't scream. When another breeder approached her and told her that was unethical and a bad placement of bird and owner, she was CUSSED out and told to mind her own business.

the list goes on... with out paper work, NEVER trust what you are getting. :)

http://www.avianbiotech.com/

here is the web site. They'll send you a free kit, you trim a nail, squeeze the blood onto the piece of paper and send it in. Just make sure you have a small bit of clotting agent, such as flower incase the bleeding gets to bad.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

not all bird people are liars they are just like the rest of the people in this messed up world some are liars but there are a lot of honest ones too !!!!
blueindianringneck

Post by blueindianringneck »

mikeb wrote:not all bird people are liars they are just like the rest of the people in this messed up world some are liars but there are a lot of honest ones too !!!!
LOL true enough!
lolorenjo

Post by lolorenjo »

blueindianringneck wrote:
lolorenjo wrote:

From my understanding "Albino" of the blue series show up in offspring as white. the "Albino" of the green series show up in offspring as "Yellow" and it is a sex linked gene. There for 99% of the time they are female.

A breeder told us the only way to get a male "Albino" of any series, is to breed the female back to it's father (Ew...) and then you will get a male yellow or male white, but NOT to breed it with the brothers because there could be bad genetic issues in their offspring. Also, from my personal experience the white albino (Which i have one of and love) are completely nuts and psychotic. Different breeders have given me different reasons as to why. But the most common reason I am given is the amount of in breeding done to get the white. The yellow appear in nature a few times, but often don't survive because they are easier to see/eat. My white one is dumb as a box of rocks and goes into her "Trance" for hours...even with out the "peekaboo" you'll see in this video of her. When her eyes pin, she will not move.. step up.. nor eat. She's simply 'lights on no body home' kinda thing. Here is the video of her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljd3oCJ_g48

Also, in my years dealing with birds.. BIRD PEOPLE LIE. THEY'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO SELL YOU A BIRD.

Let's see... I've been sold "Molly" the "5 year old" "Talking" african grey.. that thru a simple DNA blood blot on a card and a $20 check sent to tampa florida I found out is actually a boy. His name is now Desmond. lol. And he does not talk. Only meows. And only he knows how old he really is.

Also saw a lady at a bird show sell a woman who lives in a 1 bedroom apartment an adult Macaw. Told her they don't scream. When another breeder approached her and told her that was unethical and a bad placement of bird and owner, she was CUSSED out and told to mind her own business.

the list goes on... with out paper work, NEVER trust what you are getting. :)

http://www.avianbiotech.com/

here is the web site. They'll send you a free kit, you trim a nail, squeeze the blood onto the piece of paper and send it in. Just make sure you have a small bit of clotting agent, such as flower incase the bleeding gets to bad.

thank for your information..i'll work on that..
for now i put a new cock beside their cage..will see what are their reaction..