breeding

Moderator: Mods

birdman5000

breeding

Post by birdman5000 »

i have recently got a male (sinbad) and female (echo) irn the male is 6yrs old and the female is about 3 at least. the male courts her and chases her around but she doesn't want anything to do with him most of the time. i have herd that the female is usualy the one who is the agressor but the male spends most of the time chasing her around and singing and dancing for her. it seems he wants to mate but she doesnt.but the previous owner said she recently saw them trying to mate on the cage floor. :?: recently i have seen the male feeding the female and dancig while he does this. i have introduced a nesting box but all they seem to do is peek their heds in once in a while and pick the edge of the hole a little. they seem to be afraid of the box. the pair has been kept together for a couple of years and seem to be bonded but the female is tame she steps up and lets you pet her and sits on my shoulder although she is a little timid around strangers and agressive to all other birds accept for the sinbad. sometimes I see them fighting in wich the male is chasing the female and i have read that usualy the female is the boss. if you can give me some advice to help insure a sucsessful breeding from them i would sure appreciate it