Is it too late to expect eggs in June?

Moderator: Mods

ahilt11

Is it too late to expect eggs in June?

Post by ahilt11 »

I have had my female for a full 3 months now (she is 4 yrs old and my male is 11 years old) and NO EGGS! I put my male and female in a very large 10x10 foot closet in my house with lights/air conditioning, etc. The female and male have obviously bonded...they cuddle, feed each other, spend time in the nest box both alone and together, the female eats her cuddlebone a lot, and my husband has seen them mating. Still...no eggs. I don't know what else to do. I was thinking that maybe the female we bought might not be as old as the man said she was??? Is it too late in the season to expect any eggs this year? Should we leave the nest box up? If so, how much longer? I miss seeing them so I was thinking about moving them back into my family room. Would this be ok? Should we just wait and try again next spring? Help!
Countrybirdsaviary

Re: Is it too late to expect eggs in June?

Post by Countrybirdsaviary »

ahilt11 wrote:I have had my female for a full 3 months now (she is 4 yrs old and my male is 11 years old) and NO EGGS! I put my male and female in a very large 10x10 foot closet in my house with lights/air conditioning, etc. The female and male have obviously bonded...they cuddle, feed each other, spend time in the nest box both alone and together, the female eats her cuddlebone a lot, and my husband has seen them mating. Still...no eggs. I don't know what else to do. I was thinking that maybe the female we bought might not be as old as the man said she was??? Is it too late in the season to expect any eggs this year? Should we leave the nest box up? If so, how much longer? I miss seeing them so I was thinking about moving them back into my family room. Would this be ok? Should we just wait and try again next spring? Help!
Its not too late for june eggs, try to give them as much privacy as possible and lots of fresh food, when i want mine to nest i start adding egg food to their food mixed with alittle water, they don't like too many peeks in the nestbox, when i see mine breeding i ususally see eggs approx 20 to 30 days later , give or take a few. Are you sure they are male and female, two birds of the same sex can act like a pair, i would dna just in case, the female might look like one and end up being a young male, they don't ring out usually until they are two. If not this summer maybe next spring
Taking care of God's creation in every way.