The Age and Breeding?

Moderator: Mods

hootielou

The Age and Breeding?

Post by hootielou »

I have two Indian Ringnecks and would like my Jazzy to have at least one batch of little ones if it is meant to be...She is ten years old, is she two old to breed a healthy batch of babies? I finally found her a honey and he it looks like won't be able to breed for a couple of years as he is only about five months old... I was looking for an older mate but wasn't able to find one.

Thanks
dog_glenn123

Re: The Age and Breeding?

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there,

He will be able to breed at about 18 months old and she is not too old at all.

Thanks Glenn
hootielou

Post by hootielou »

:P Thanks Glen!!! She is very excited about him. They haven't gotten in the same cage yet but she seems super happy to have a friend. She came from a bad situation and it has taken months just to be able to stand next to her. She finally crawled in my hand the other day :mrgreen:

Heather
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My male is 11 years old this september.. last year was his 1st time as a daddy! Someone told me they can breed until about 15 years? Im not sure how true that is though. So dont take my word for it.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
hootielou

Post by hootielou »

Thanks for the information. I have looked all over the internet for information about when they stop breeding, so any information is appreciated :D