How long does it takw for my male to like my female? Help!

Moderator: Mods

Rastus11

How long does it takw for my male to like my female? Help!

Post by Rastus11 »

My male is 11 years old and has never been near another bird of his kind. Recently i bought a female who is 2 years old and they got along really well next to each other cage by cage but now they are in the same cage. My male has gone very shy and unsure what to do near my female but she is being very flirty with him and trying everything to get his attention but when she gets to close he growls and goes to nip her but they dont fight because my male flies to another part of the cage but how long will it take before he starts liking her? Please help need advice!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Re: How long does it takw for my male to like my female? Hel

Post by kyria »

Hard to say, they may never pair. It all depends on them, give them time and wait until it is breeding season there, they will probably change their behaviour at that time. If it is already breeding season you may need to wait until the next. Its all a matter of time, but sorry, how much is totally up to the individual bird and the pair together also. One thing is great, she likes him, usually its the female that rejects to boy and is actually viscous to him so you have a good start.. just be patient and always monitor them.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Re: How long does it takw for my male to like my female? Hel

Post by kyria »

P.S. do you have nesting boxes in, this can also change things dramatically, natural instinct kicks in. Like humans trying to conceive, when they move to a bigger house, nature says bam there you go more room, baby time .. lol.

Oh and I notice from your other post that Rastus ? the male has been with you quite a long time, this also could make it all take some time, if at all, not sure how old an IRN can be to still be able to breed, never read about that. How old was your male again ? But remember sometimes they won't pair, just one of those things. Give it a couple of seasons.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless