Hi all need help with pairing my irn with my new girl

Moderator: Mods

Rastus11

Hi all need help with pairing my irn with my new girl

Post by Rastus11 »

Hi have had my irn for 11 years now. His name is Rastus and he is quite a character, My family was given Rastus when he was just 6months old and went through quite alot before we were given him, so was quite traumitised when we got him my brother was the one that looked after him mainly. But last year had to move away for his career as a doc ranger in New Zealand caring for New Zealand birds such as kiwi and black kaki stilts which are extremely rare, So thats when i got Rastus since then he has missed my brother immensely and has formed regurgitating his food all over his cage which leaves quite a mess, My partner and i have been quite worried so i went to a vet about this and he told us that Rastus needs a mate and a new cage. Just yesterday i baught him a new cage which is huge it would feel for him like a 2 story building, When i baught the cage from the pet store i asked if they new of any female irn for sale so the lady gave me a number to a elderly couple who breed almost every kind of parrot. The couple sold me a 2 year old girl named Bella who needed a new mate as her one passed away and was in a aviary with her baby from the last breeding season. I was told not to put her in the cage with Rastus until the next day but leave them next to each other so they can become acquainted which they did. This morning they were talking with one another and standing close beside each others cage so i put Bella into Rastus's cage and have not had much trouble as of yet! Rastus is unsure of Bella though and is not wanting to sit next to her and growls if she gets a little to close and flicks is eyes at her, Bella has been very flirty with Rastus but not violent in any way and calling to him and trying to get his attention. I am a little concerned about Rastus not knowing what to do with her and was wanting to know when they will becomefriends and eventually a pair would really love to hear any tips or concerns :O)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Re: Hi all need help with pairing my irn with my new girl

Post by kyria »

Posted an answer on your other post about this.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless